Why is the blame always on the (foreign) guy?

Playing with double meaning: i am pretty aware of your (GiT’s) views - and then “you” has a second meaning. :smiley:
Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful reply…

I’d say “insecure”, not “defeatist”, but that’s just me…

Yeah, that seems to be the case - although i have no idea how often that is said in jest. In any case, competition and control within pair relationships are, in my experience, bigger issues in some cultures than in others, so i am not surprised that these issues hould come up here on this BBS. :wink:

Yes, but that does not mean that i think people should ask “right questions” - it’s only advice: “if you really want to figure out how relationships work (= you want some new information) then you need to ask better questions (because loaded questions are particularly ineffective as tools for finding new information)” - this has to do with my (charitable) assumption that people posting questions to the BBS are most of the time, indeed, looking for some information but just have some blinders here or there that are in the way (in this context i say to others only what i say to myself: i may not be able to avoid being ignorant, but at least there is a cure).
(And a less charitable interpretation is that this all is just venting. :smiley: )

Of course, you are a guy on what is essentially a guys’ forum, so i wouldn’t really expect you to be silenced, but i was hoping your frustration would alert you to the kinds of frustration Taiwanese women might experience if they had to read D&R every day…

Not to worry, nothing i do here will stop that flow - it flows in many, many similar channels already:
Stupid Sh*t My Taiwanese Girlfriend Says , which points to stupid-shit-my-taiwanese-gf-says.blogspot.com/ (worth reading carefully and then thinking for at least a second or two, “what do [emphasis]I[/emphasis] really know about how the world works?” and “what does it say about me if i am in a pair relationship with a person whom i expose in public as the author of a lot of “stupid” things?”. Lots of layers of meaning one can find here…
Anyway, sorry to get all philosophical here, that’s just an affliction that breaks throught once in a while. :wink: