Why is there a steady wash of pro-Trump, anti-Democrats propaganda circulating on Taiwanese social media?

Bolton and people like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are reliable friends of Taiwan, more so than Trump.

1 Like

A majority of DPP are concerned about Trumps policies leading to forced reunification. They are not concerned about Tsai’s policies. So if they are more concerned about the President of the US than their own president therein proves my point that they have not benefited.

Claiming that a call to Tsai is somehow a coherent and consistent policy is laughable. Results are what matter and right now the Taiwanese are less safe than they were four years ago. :microphone:

We might get lost in the weeds here, needless to say concerns of Washington pandering to corporations (Wall st) are indeed very valid and stretch back a long way. We might even look to how Washington is structured, funded and how legislation is brought around, because it all favors Wall St. We might even get into the intellectual property rights and yadda yadda yadda.

But that would be to miss the central component of what we are talking about, back in July 2015 TheConservativeTreeHouse was the first conservative group to fully back Trump. The central reason was his economic focus was on main st, not wall st. It was with that understanding that all economic manoeuvres and counter moves have been viewed.

It’s completely different to how Washington has operated for decades and threw a spanner into the think tanks who draw up legislation because none of them are/were geared up for a Donald Trump economic approach, it’s also the central reason why Washington hates him. Trillion are at stake.

But that is the starting point when discussing Trump and economics, I’ll link you back to the 2015 post by the CTH. If this is the first time you have heard the economic battle as Wall St vs Main St, you might like to take some to to review, because I know the MSM avoids framing the discussion in such a way. That is the starting line for any such discussion.

Don’t trust Bolton. Don’t trust John Kelly. Don’t trust Tillerson. Don’t trust his own lawyer. Don’t trust Sondland.

At this point, we all know it doesn’t matter who says it…

That is significantly less than the baseline of over 80%. They’re not concerned about Tsai because Tsai is very clear on status quo.

Who is claiming this? Don’t straw man my position. I was making a point that the phone call was pretty damn historic. It’s been decades since the two heads of states communicated directly. Come on now.

Keep your mic. You just look like a douche fool with this mic drop line lol

3 Likes

There are literally hundreds of posts on Forumosa about this. There’s even a dedicated thread–“The Return of Taishang.”

75% of China’s IT exports are executed by Taiwanese companies. They relocated home because of the trade war.

That is why Taiwan and Vietnam are the biggest beneficiaries of the trade war.

1 Like

Don’t get so defensive it’s not very becoming. You mentioned selfies at NASA. I laughed. Between that and a phone call that is not a policy. Yes great Tsai came to the US but Trump is endangering the region with his incoherent and reckless behavior with China and N Korea. That is not good for Taiwan sorry. Real results matter more than selfies.

1 Like

It’s TPP or bust apparently. Taiwan of course have been hurt but the trade war as well, but in many ways it also benefited greatly.

Sorry to break it to you but production was already moving.

TPP would be wonderful.

Free trade our bust. Let’s get out of the 1930s and stop forcing consumers and companies to take the hit.

I didn’t say it was. And you were supposed to laugh at the selfies, it was meant as light hearted…idk how you came to the conclusion that’s a foreign policy.

Have a normal conversation instead of dumb ass mic drop lines

Since Bernie and Hillary were both against the TPP, you lose nothing with Trump on that issue.

1 Like

You are behind a few posts. Who owns many of those factories in China? Yes they move production to Taiwan and Vietnam because they have to but they are still losing money. Now here’s a novel idea. How about we don’t tax them and instead make it tax free to move! Revolutionary idea I know.

From the other angle.

Taiwanese companies in China that manufacture telecommunications devices and computers are likely to be hit hard in the escalating trade war between the United States and China, as such products are the prime targets of the U.S.’ latest wave of proposed tariffs, a leading technology research and development institute in Taiwan said Tuesday (May 14).

TPP and free trade would be great if China played fair with the rest of the world. But this is not the case. It’s absolutely BS every country allows their firms to do what China does not let foreign firms.

She flipped for the Bernie bros. A mistake IMO. I called it out then too…most people don’t even understand what the TPP is.

Never flipped, it was a head fake, perhaps to win over the Bernie Bros, but she would have beefed it up and claimed it didn’t go far enough.

1 Like

My point remains. You lose nothing with Trump because everybody else is stupid too.