Why no central heating in Taipei?

Subtropical except the southern tip.

6 Likes

(post deleted)

1 Like

One window won’t do much. It really takes a cross breeze, but that’s not necessarily feasible in a shoebox unit.

1 Like

There are a couple of kitties who live at a burger place that I frequent–they looked quite cozy last night…

1 Like

It’s NT$600 to go up in the elevator. I thought it was ridiculous, but a friend was paying, so I went. It was worth it, though. The sights are breathtaking.
The bar? Nothing to get in, it’s open seating, but one shudders to think what the drinks must cost.

1 Like

For anyone using Black Mode:

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I hate that a lot of places are too stingy to go buy a portable heater.

1 Like

Stinginess thy name is Taiwan.

Are you familiar with comforters?

1 Like

She has several comforters - all tuna powered, but seems they went on strike due to a sneeze that originated from under them.

1 Like

I got the tuna powered heater but sometimes it comes with pain.

1 Like

In 2018 there was a heatwave in Quebec which killed 74 people.
It got to 35 degrees. Very little a/c.

Yes dear, got two of them. But the air hurts my face. My nose is frozen. It is 17 degrees in my room, 15 in my living room and supposedly 8 outside.

1 Like

How does 17 degrees hurt your face? That four degrees cooler than my AC setting and 17 degrees above freezing. You must have never lived anywhere with winter.

Sometimes aircon can be inverted.

1 Like

yes it’s a simple valve that needs to be installed to reverse the airflow. I don’t know why more businesses don’t have it.

Nice to meet you. I worked ramp in Chicago. But no one asked me to sleep outside. I want to sleep cozy, not in the freezer.

If you set your ac at 17 you must sleep with a comforter. That’s what one of my roommates used to do in summer. I set it at a reasonable ecologically minded 26 to 22.

If you have a dual function ac that is so much better. Set at 30 and Bob’s your uncle.

17 plus four is not 17.

the same way 40 deg C may feel too hot/burning for folks from Nordic countries, but for people from SE asia, its normal and comfortable enough.