Why? no Western woman wants to date Asian men?

Are there many western woman looking for asian men to date? it seems not easy to find a western woman to date. What’s the reason?? Can someone tell me??? I was hurt… :help:

Be patient. If you keep trying, you’ll find the right one for you!

It depends on person to person. Many western women are not pursued by Asian men, as it seems that Asian men don’t have an interest in western women. Many asian men have requirements that some western women don’t meet. If you want to meet a western woman, then go to places to meet them. Be friendly, but don’t think this is your ticket to improving your english. We can smell that a mile away.

Best of luck :rainbow:

I can’t speak as a western woman, but I would guess:

Women (of all cultures) want men who are taller than they are, so statistically, there is a problem.

Western women may not want to explicitly or implicitly come under the yoke of generally patriarchal asian cultures.

In any event, don’t take it personally, these kind of relationships are very rare statistically.

If my explanations are offensive, please anyone offer other explanations for how rare this is.

Of course, the above statistical mismatches may make it a bit of an uphill battle, but your chances are still decent… after all, there are still factors in your favor such as the exotic appeal of someone from another part of the world, both culturally and physically, which will always attract a subset.

The thing I still don’t get is the word “western.” Do you mean any non-Asian looking women? Or are Asian women who were brought up in the west part of your definition of “western” as well? Or do you mean cowgirls? Be specific and maybe we can help you out.

I believe it has to do with the demographics of western expats. Most western foreign residents are male and of the smaller number who are female, even fewer of those arrived here single. It’s a bit of a numbers game really. There aren’t all that many available western women to choose from. The likelihood of the OP finding one interested in him --and vice versa-- is not all that high. OP is going to have to work at it if he wants to make a connection.

ok~ I mean non-Asian looking girls.
I think non-Asian looking girls think that Asian men can not protect them or Satisfy them?
There are lots couples of Western guys with Taiwanese girls, but there are very few Taiwanese guys with Western girls.

Well, an inferiority complex will never get you very far with any woman. Confidence is really important. If you’re wondering whether you’re capable of satisfying her, well, yeah, she’s gonna pick up on that and wonder the same thing.

C’mon. Things have changed. Now that there are more western women in Taiwan. more are dating Taiwanese guys. I know several such couple, and I actually saw four western-woman/asian-man couples once sunny afternoon last summer walking down Dunhua Rd. in Taipei.

[quote=“derekoby”]------------------------------------------
Anyone want to adopt dogs? please email me, I do foster stray dogs in my house. Or visit People’s Park in Taichung every Sunday between 12pm to 6pm for pet adoption.
loveduwa@hotmail.com :bravo:[/quote]

That’s a GREAT way to meet chicks. Most Western women love animals.

Pets = Babe magnets

You know, I always meet dorky guys who say “White girls won’t date me” but the fact is that with many of these guys, most Taiwanese girls won’t either.
The thing is that western girls have more guys to chose from because we stand out more. I know plenty of girls who date local guys, but they are damned choosy because they can be.
I do know that if I were to meet a guy and get the impression that he dig me because I was white, I would tell him where the road was.
There are also cultural things that don’t fly with many western women.

1. Cute. So many of the guys here think Cute is good. Most western women would prefer manly to cute.
  2. weight. I don’t know many western women who would even consider dating a guy who weighed less than her.
  3. as said before, height. Women like men to be taller. I am considered short at home and here I am taller than MANY guys.
  4. the approach. (WARNING RANT) The approach many local men use towards women is a severe turn off. Even creepy. Staring is creepy. The head tilted “you’ve done something wrong” or "your cute like a puppy"smile makes me think of a child molester. Keeping on at a girl after she has not been responsive, creepy. Going up and asking all the annoying questions that your English teacher taught you “where are you from”, “are you an English teacher”, “what do you like to eat” and what not, a complete turn off. So few of the men here try to be even a little bit original. Also (and I get this one a LOT) DO NOT EVER try to but into a girl and her group of friends uninvited. If you had any chance at all before hand, you won’t after that.

Frankly I think the entire bit about western women not dating Taiwanese guys is wrong. I know 2 western women who don’t like Taiwanese guys. The rest either don’t care or specifically like them. I think that many guys just assume that western women don’t like Taiwanese guys because western women don’t dig them specifically. If a chick doesn’t dig you, it isn’t cuz you are Asian. It is because she doesn’t dig you. Because even girls who rule out Taiwanese guys occasionally meet one they would make house with.

I also think that one of the reasons you don’t see these couples out and about much is that they are more discrete. I hate being stared at. So when my boyfriend and I are out and about, we are rarely coupley. We usually look like a couple chums hanging out because it makes less people do the staring monkey thing and ask reallly stupid questions about “how did you get a western girlfriend” and (my favourite) “is she your English teacher”

You are so right~~ Thank you for pointed this out. an inferiority complex won’t get me very far with woman. I feel pretty confidence with Taiwanese girls, but i don’t know why that i just don’t get that much confidence with Western girls. One of the reason is so afraid to get rejected.
I read another article about how many times to ask? someone said three times, but for me, I even have hard time to ask her second time. Especially Western woman, Is that b/c i am lacking of confidence? Even we are still friends, i still feel embarranced to see her everytime after my first ask and got rejected.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]You know, I always meet dorky guys who say “White girls won’t date me” but the fact is that with many of these guys, most Taiwanese girls won’t either.
[/quote]

I know from personal experience that dorky guys are able to date Taiwanese girls. :s

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“SuchAFob”]You know, I always meet dorky guys who say “White girls won’t date me” but the fact is that with many of these guys, most Taiwanese girls won’t either.
[/quote]

I know from personal experience that dorky guys are able to date Taiwanese girls. :s[/quote]

That’s a personal insult! Watch yourself bub! :wink:

I second that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Western women are too strong in caracter, asian man can’t have to be bossed around by women … western women don’t like their man to have mistresses … most don’t like a binlang chewing hubby, might be something about kissing a red stained mouth … western women don’t like to be restrained by their FIL …

These are only my guesses because I’m not a women …

Thank the lord in heaven.

I missed the “I was hurt” thing. Once you tell a woman that something hurt you, you become a girl friend. You can talk to them about clothes and makeup after that. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“SuchAFob”]There are also cultural things that don’t fly with many western women.

1. Cute. So many of the guys here think Cute is good. Most western women would prefer manly to cute.
  2. weight. I don’t know many western women who would even consider dating a guy who weighed less than her.
  3. as said before, height. Women like men to be taller. I am considered short at home and here I am taller than MANY guys.
    "[/quote]

(1)As you mentioned, I was in the states for couple years and I learned that western women are not as crazy about " CUTE" as Taiwanese girls. There is one of the reasons that I am asking Western girls out b/c I am not the kind of person like " cute". I even hate people to say I am cute. I am a men not a boy, don’t want to be described as cute.
(2) I didn’t even think about the weight is a problem, this might be another problem for me. I am not like average Taiwanese guys looking for skinny body. Even guys they don’t eat b/c they are afraid of getting fat. It’s really girly thinking. But I am not tall which matches the next point, so i don’t weight too much.
(3) Althought I have muscles, but to compare with western guys, my muscles are still smaller than my american friends. but I think that match my height and my body. Lots Taiwanese girls definate muscles as fat… speechless…