Why? no Western woman wants to date Asian men?

Also, I forgot to mention. Any time you tell a girl “No ___ girl will date me” it makes the girl immediately go “Oh he has something seriously wrong with him that I don’t know about yet, must stay away”
The appropriate answer to why you are single is not “no ___ girl will date me” it is “I have been busy with my career and my life and I have not found the right girl worth spending time with”

See, the first one is desperate and thus GROSS. The second is confident and not needy. Needy is gross.

What does that mean??? to become a girl friend?? does that mean it’s a girly thinking or so??? I don’t really get it. Please tell me more details of it, I really do take your advise and your opinion seriously.

[quote]…
4) the approach. (WARNING RANT) The approach many local men use towards women is a severe turn off. Even creepy. Staring is creepy. The head tilted “you’ve done something wrong” or "your cute like a puppy"smile makes me think of a child molester. Keeping on at a girl after she has not been responsive, creepy. Going up and asking all the annoying questions that your English teacher taught you “where are you from”, “are you an English teacher”, “what do you like to eat” and what not, a complete turn off. So few of the men here try to be even a little bit original. Also (and I get this one a LOT) DO NOT EVER try to but into a girl and her group of friends uninvited. If you had any chance at all before hand, you won’t after that. [/quote]

Good advice.

The old “come to my hotel room for English lessons” approach is probably not going to get much traction anymore either…

I actually think you can sometimes pull off the group of friends approach, it shows you’ve really got a pair. But you have to pick one of them while they’re still stunned and before they all decide to freeze you out.

Why the need to date a “western woman”? Why not look for a lady you feel comfortable with…irrespective of where they came from?

Yes. Girly.

I have a friend, new to Taiwan, a great girl from SA, who is open to dating Taiwanese men, but thus far, none will approach her. I think that just having the uncommon courage to step up to a girl, smile and start a conversation, hell, even man up and ask for her phone number, certainly couldn’t hurt …

Why the need to date a “western woman”? Why not look for a lady you feel comfortable with…irrespective of where they came from?[/quote]

Because that wouldn’t be trendy and make him look cool to his friends.

The biggest turn on for me to my man was that the main reason he didn’t want to date me was that I wasn’t chinese.

That’s kinda weird…but that’s okay because weird is good.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]2) weight. I don’t know many western women who would even consider dating a guy who weighed less than her.
3) as said before, height. Women like men to be taller. I am considered short at home and here I am taller than MANY guys.
[/quote]

Isn’t this “I only date tall guys” the female chauvinist equivalent of a guy saying, “I only date girls with big tits”? Saying that you won’t “even consider” dating a guy who’s smaller than you is pretty crass and shallow.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“SuchAFob”]2) weight. I don’t know many western women who would even consider dating a guy who weighed less than her.
3) as said before, height. Women like men to be taller. I am considered short at home and here I am taller than MANY guys.
[/quote]

Isn’t this “I only date tall guys” the female chauvinist equivalent of a guy saying, “I only date girls with big tits”? Saying that you won’t “even consider” dating a guy who’s smaller than you is pretty crass and shallow.[/quote]

I’m a little confused about these height, weight, color, and age requirements that people have.

My only requirement for a girl is one who liked me despite my faults.

My last serious relationship was actually 2 inches shorter and weighed less. But in general women prefer for men to be bigger than them. I think this is natural. I think the fact that it is the same throughout world cultures says that this is natural. Women are naturally attracted to men and men to women (usually) and women who are attracted to men are (usually) attracted to men that they view as masculine.

I know plenty of men who prefer women with big tits. And I see nothing wrong with that at all. I also see nothing wrong with men who prefer skinny women, who prefer fat women, who prefer short women, who prefer tall women, whatever.
I think expecting people to not have prferences is silly.

Why the need to date a “western woman”? Why not look for a lady you feel comfortable with…irrespective of where they came from?[/quote]

Because that wouldn’t be trendy and make him look cool to his friends.

The biggest turn on for me to my man was that the main reason he didn’t want to date me was that I wasn’t Chinese.
[/quote]

It’s not about the cool issue. How much does the cool worth? as above, I feel more comfortable to talk to American girls. b/c of their open minded, it’s not about the sex. I don’t need to make myself look cool to my friends b/c most of my friends are americans and I am unique enough. I am also choosy about the girls, one thing I choosy about western girls is they are bigger than me, and they are not that stylish. if I am not that picky, I dont’ think i will still be single and talking about this subject here.
I’ve dated Taiwanese girls and American girls, and I felt more comfortable to be with American girls b/c of their mind and their personality. The Taiwanese girl even broke up with me is b/c I am not totally Taiwanese minded. I am not saying that I am American mind. I still have my Taiwanese mind, As you are between these two, it limited your dates. But there are some problems that i know is b/c I am not taller than them and not bigger than them. Also, there are somethings that I like to do and the American girls like to do, but Taiwanese girls.
It’s totally not about the “COOL” issue. And, I want to know what’s the problems and How Western women think of Asian men?

Isn’t this “I only date tall guys” the female chauvinist equivalent of a guy saying, “I only date girls with big tits”? Saying that you won’t “even consider” dating a guy who’s smaller than you is pretty crass and shallow.[/quote]
I totally agree with you. Why does the women can say" I only date tall guys" and the men can’t say " I only date white girls"? OR" I only date sexy girls"?

Also, I don’t really think this is about the naturally. Some female animals are bigger than the male animals. They are not natural?? I really don’t think it’s about the naturally.
Why women don’t date men shorter or smaller than her?? b/c they don’t want people to star at her and say " see, her bf is shorter than her…" so, girls don’t feel “cool” about the shorter men as bf.

Some people are shallow.

Some are shallow and still get a great hot SO.

Some people are shallow, change and get a great SO.

Some people are shallow, change and get a hot SO.

Some people are shallow, don’t change and get no one.

Go figure. :idunno:

[quote=“SuchAFob”]My last serious relationship was actually 2 inches shorter and weighed less. But in general women prefer for men to be bigger than them. I think this is natural. I think the fact that it is the same throughout world cultures says that this is natural. Women are naturally attracted to men and men to women (usually) and women who are attracted to men are (usually) attracted to men that they view as masculine.

I know plenty of men who prefer women with big tits. And I see nothing wrong with that at all. I also see nothing wrong with men who prefer skinny women, who prefer fat women, who prefer short women, who prefer tall women, whatever.
I think expecting people to not have prferences is silly.[/quote]

Well, the way you said it originally strongly implied that all women wouldn’t “even consider” dating a guy smaller than them. Different men have different preferences for different types of female body shapes, which is lucky for you women - unless you’re hideous, there’s some guys out there to whom you’re his preference; fat, short, skinny, tall, bit tits, small tits, tight ass, big ass, pale skin, dark skin, different guys like different things in a woman.

And I don’t think that women are all that different from men. Lots of girls prefer tall and big guys, but not all do. If that were true, it would be impossible for any short guys to ever get laid, and we know that’s not true. It seems ridiculous to be so focused on one factor - height - to the exclusion of all the other dozens of factors a person has. Like it doesn’t matter how ugly and dorky a guy is, as long as he’s tall. Which is why saying, “I only date guys taller than me,” is as silly as a guy saying, “I only date blondes with big tits.” There are plenty of tall, ugly blondes with big tits, let me tell ya…Anna Nicole Smith (circa 2005, not 1995).

IMO the OP is beginning to sound sorry for himself. I think that all the advice given here has been worthy of following. But as the OP says, that he has dated women in the States before, then he should have an idea as to how to meet a nice Western woman here.

Just do it, man. Heck, find a language exchange partner, that’s always been a way to start dating here-at least for forgien guys. :smiley:

I like all women. Well, pretty much all women. It’s amazing how some women can seem not so attractive at first, but later on turn me on. And vice versa.

I guess if you want a “western” woman, you just have to keep trying and not worry about being put down. Sometimes not so attractive girls shoot me down and other times attractive ones are really taken with me.

Taiwanese guys really like foreign women, but I think that they are afraid of them, too.

Mod lang, why don’t y ou go reread my posts for the words “most” and “many” which are in both. Most and many both do not mean “all”.

Back to the original question…I’m confused about this too. East Asia (but not Southeast Asia) is the only place in the world where guys haven’t come up to talk to me (I’m not trying to sound egotistical or anything). Actually, I get more girls looking at me and complimenting me for some reason. :s

I asked one young Taiwanese (male) acquaintance why this is (why there’s more white guys dating Asian women than white women dating Asian guys) and he said that maybe the Asian guys are intimidated by the white women, they don’t know if the women speak the local lingo, etc.

As I was walking I was tossing this thread around in my mind. And it dawned on me how often I’ve heard that “TWese men are SCARED” of Western women. Like a broken record.

1. They feel that they don’t ‘measure’ up.Measure up to what? Penis size? Salary wise? Looks? What exactly is this measuring up they feel they lack?

2)They feel Western women are too ‘independent’. When I lived in Japan, I couldn’t throw a stone without hitting a woman who was housewife. Compared to Japan, Taiwanese women and IMO Western women have more leeway to express themselves in many forms. Ironicly, I saw more or heard more of Western women/Japanese men relationships while there.

3)TW men have ideals that western women are more sexual. During my time here, I’ve come to conclude that sex/sexual relations are more of a function rather than a measure of depth of the relationship. I don’t think that TWese men are looking for a ‘virginal’ woman, as that they are looking for someone that may look good on paper, or rather look good to their families,friends,co workers, etc. A ‘presentable’ woman as their culture defines one to be.

Could it be that TWese men(excluding ABC/CBCs etc)may have a lower self esteem when it comes to defining(for themselves or via culture) what being a man or manhood is? I make this hypothesis compared to having observed their interactions and comparing it to what I have learned and experienced with other Asian men.

People basically vary because of life experiences but this is just my two cents.