I’ll try to keep it as short as possible.
I ordered crankset, cassette, chain and a wheelset from them on 6th. They split the order into two packages, one for the wheelset and another for the other stuff. although I could have enjoyed the free delivery service, I paid extra 30 pounds for tracking the items and getting them ASAP. Both packages were delayed and it wasn’t possible to track them until they arrived my door. Estimated TOA was Monday 12th.
First package to arrive (friday 17th) was the cassette, chain and crankset. I had the latter installed in a coffee-bicycle shop near my place, 200 NT, friendly guy. Nice.
Wheels arrived on Sunday 19th, late evening. The crappy cardboard box looked pretty beaten, with holes where the hubs are located. Hubs came with 2 small plastic cups protecting them on the sides, one of them was cracked, presumably because of the pressure or weight the box had been under. BAD. I reported the situation to Wiggle though.
They looked fine at first glance, so I had the cassette installed and put 2 new tubes for 400 NT and installed all on the bike, Tuesday evening. When I made the wheels spin I noticed that:
- both rims were slightly out of true
- the front hub was making a funny noise, due to some friction: one lateral plastic cover wasn’t well plugged into the hub, and it seemed to touch the hub somewhere where it shouldn’t.
I informed Wiggle again, and asked them why they didn’t replied my previous emails with pictures. they said they didn’t received them, and this was because the mail was stuck in my phone. I fordward the original email and sent an additional email with same pictures + 2. That was 2 days ago, still no answer whatsoever.
I’m getting very pissed off with the poor service: delivery times, packaging, very deficient customer support. Apparently they didn’t even put a piece of cardboard for separating the wheels that they usually use in their deliveries. If the rims are adjustable/fixable, I would keep them, but I have no idea on what they will offer as compensation for the bad service (6 days of delay, bad packaging, items NG). And I don’t want to spend more time sending emails back and forth…
- should I just tell them to fuck off and try to cancel the payment until they give me answers? not sure if this is an option, but I really feel like doing so
- should I unmount the wheels and send them back? if so, should I wait for them to arrange the items pick up?
*should I ask them for a partial refund that covers the truing, fixing the hub noise, and compensates for the delay and annoyance?
- should I do something else online, in addition to posting this thread, for making public how crappy their service can get?