Wild animals you have seen in Taiwan

Huh. I must have been there a million times, and I never saw them. (Or you, though!) I’ll keep an eye out.

P1170473

4 Likes

From Metro UK

1 Like

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the trees.

I have seen wild oxen down in Kenting.

1 Like

Water buffalo

2 Likes

Used to see a lot of eagles circling in the hills outside Taitung, looking for snakes sunning themselves on the road.
There’s a band of monkeys in a tourist spot just outside of Donghe who are viciously insistent about getting food from passers-by.

On its own on a tether. Can’t get to water but a mud bath behind not in photo.
Keelung river.

1 Like

This guy is the cutest, wild mouse I guess.
He’s falling asleep in the sunshine eating his bread.

1 Like

Hyperglycemia.

1 Like

Looks like your average sewer rat

Whatever man he’s cute. And he’s wild.
And rats to me are usually bigger.

Hawks (or eagles?) fly around the mountain where I live every spring. We had one rest on the railing on our balcony before. That was a bit scary even with the sliding glass door closed. Usually they are flying around and screeching for about a month starting around April. I really like their arrival every year.

3 Likes

Saw my first wild iguana scurrying up a tree near my school today. Been here 5 years and it’s the first iguana I’ve seen in the wild. Huge and brilliant green. Really took my breath away.

4 Likes

I didn’t see this thread when I posted, but mods can feel free to merge.

Are you sure it’s even wild? It could be someone’s pet…

Wow, really big! In the city?

1 Like

I’d imagine it was once someone’s pet, got too large for the owner to keep and therefore let out in the forest. If that’s the case, I hope it can adjust to life in the wild.

If it got abandoned then it will die. Animals in captivity can’t survive in the wild.

If it was, it escaped because this was in a semi-wild forested area.