Will foreigners be allowed to stay if war breaks out?

Nope, I would want to get out of here ASAP. Don’t have any family here so I see no reason to stay and to risk getting killed.

I wouldn’t stay either. I’ve left once already to try to make a life for myself, but it didn’t work out. An invasion would certainly give me nothing to loose in trying again.

It’s not a question of if but when…

Grasshopper is a bit of an alarmist here. Why the alarm?

Plan for the worst expect the best.

Shouldn’t that be “Plan for the worst and hope for the best”?

It seems we have the raw material here for forming the “Forumosan Irregulars” (or should that be “Forumosan Legion”?), led, of course, by ex-nightclub bouncer Brigadier-General Maoman.

F
[/color]orumosa [color=red]
L
[/color]iberation [color=red]
U
[/color]nited [color=red]
F
[/color]ighting [color=red]
F
[/color]ront [color=red]
S
[/color]upporters?
If any Commies come near me, I’m going to give them a good telling off, if that doesn’t work, I’m going to have to get nasty and shout something rude through their letter box.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]How about the [color=red]
F
[/color]orumosa [color=red]
L
[/color]iberation [color=red]
U
[/color]nited [color=red]
F
[/color]ighting [color=red]
F
[/color]ront [color=red]
S
[/color]upporters?[/quote]

Almost perfect, BFM. Or how about making it the Forumosan Liberation United Fighting Front International Expatriate Supporters, or FLUFFIES?

I prefer FARTs - forumosan army of revolutionary teachers

is a mainland invasion really that likely?..i’m more worried about a reverse 228 type incident…who does the military side with do youse think? prolly have to say KMT no?

How will the FLUFFIES and FARTs fair against the :wanker:s? We Accept No Knowledge Except Rumours!

Gee, sounds like we can start our own foreigner militia. :laughing:

[quote]Where would such an evacuation be done from? It might be a bit difficult to get there if there is a war going on! I am trying to picture myself driving across the Central Mountains to Hualian County with a screaming 4 month old in the back seat…
[/quote]
It is very unlikely to be a Sea evacuation. The last time the US Navy did and emergency evacuation was Clark AFB in the Philippines after the eruption of Mount Pinatubo. Trust me you would be better off just staying home! A sea evacuation was the only option as visibility was 0 and the ash cloud was choking the air intakes of all aircraft. It was not comfortable for anyone involved. Most of the civilians were forced to make camp in the well decks of the Amphibs. The German Town’s well deck had 2 feet of sea water in it at the time. People floating around on the only suitcase they were allowed to bring with them.
It would be a Military Airlift Command (MAC) operation. Troops and supplies come in, you go out. Just like the Iraq and the sequel.
If there is an attack and that is very unlikely at this point. The airports would be the primary targets of a PRC missile attack. They would have to be hit pretty hard to nullify Taiwan’s air superiority.
You would have to go to the Emergency Landing Zone (ELZ).
Just head down Highway 1 to the airport you wouldn’t be able to miss it.

Gee, sounds like we can start our own foreigner militia. :laughing:[/quote]

I think you missed reading a few of the preceding posts here, Ludahai. :wink:

If you can make money out of an invasion, stay.
If you want a thrill, stay.
Otherwise I will let you leave.

If you stay expect some violence against foreigners from the locals. It won’t be everybody, but it could be enough to become scary. That would be my biggest concern, bigger than the prospect of being hit by a bomb.

[quote]If you stay expect some violence against foreigners from the locals. It won’t be everybody, but it could be enough to become scary. That would be my biggest concern, bigger than the prospect of being hit by a bomb.

[/quote]

Why would there be any violence against foreigners? We don’t even exist in the eyes of most of the locals. Kind of like cutting down all the trees to stop a typhoon.
Just don’t wear too much green or blue.

:rainbow:

In case the Chinese really come over, the locals will have other things on their mind than roughing up a few whities.

I would get my wife and kids out - and myself as well.

What do you mean “in case”? It’s already happening: uk.news.yahoo.com/040324/323/epdqh.html

[quote]Japanese police arrested seven Chinese activists who landed on a disputed island chain in the East China Sea, threatening to rekindle a simmering diplomatic row.
Four coastguard helicopters, carrying 18 Japanese police, landed on Uotsuri-jima, the largest of the Senkaku Islands, which lie between Taiwan and the southern end of Japan’s Okinawan chain, and are claimed by China, Japan and Taiwan.[/quote]
The invasion has started my friends.

(Hmm, better put a :smiley: in case people think i’m serious)

So who wants to join the “Lincoln Brigade”? Or should we make that “Nixon Brigade”?