Will McDonalds food kill me?

When I was in high school there was a rumor going around that the “100% Pure Beef” was actually the name of the company that provides McDonald’s with beef. The company was called “100% Pure.”

I haven’t read Fast Food Nation nor done any research about that rumor, but I am sure it was just a rumor.

Get a burger at McD’s in Indonesia…sambal! Best McD’s in the world!

csmonitor.com/2002/0911/p02s02-wogi.html

[quote=“914”]When I was in high school there was a rumor going around that the “100% Pure Beef” was actually the name of the company that provides McDonald’s with beef. The company was called “100% Pure.”

I haven’t read Fast Food Nation nor done any research about that rumor, but I am sure it was just a rumor.[/quote]

100%. Including Lips, Hooves and Assholes. I think of it as added minerals.

[quote=“truant”][quote=“914”]When I was in high school there was a rumor going around that the “100% Pure Beef” was actually the name of the company that provides McDonald’s with beef. The company was called “100% Pure.”

I haven’t read Fast Food Nation nor done any research about that rumor, but I am sure it was just a rumor.[/quote]

100%. Including Lips, Hooves and Assholes. [/quote]

Sounds like Taiwanese street snacks. Duck’s tongues, pig feet and chicken asses on a stick.

[quote=“wonder”]

The other thing is, I can’t really get pasta here they way I could in Vancouver; in a bag you could boil in a pot, same with the sauce.

I really miss good, inexpensive pasta!!![/quote]

GASP hack hack–i’d eat 50 big macs first :slight_smile:

[quote=“truant”]

100%. Including Lips, Hooves and Assholes. I think of it as added minerals.[/quote]

Those 3 menu items lips, assholes and hooves give you in, out and runabout

maybe off topic, but have any of you tried mary’s hamburgers in tien mu? it’s not bad. i’m sure they’re not using lips and assholes. yuck!

Your GF must have to please herself a lot :smiling_imp:

If you eat it occasionally, it won’t hurt you. Just don’t eat it three times a day, every day!

“Will McDonald’s Food Kill Me?”

Well, it might have killed it’s most recent CEO at age 44,(and the second to die in less than 12 months) but the evidence isn’t clear.

I posted the full article in Morgue 2005 - http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=26531

Hear are some interesting extracts:

[quote]…Charlie Bell, the first non-American to head the restaurant chain, succumbing to colorectal cancer yesterday.

Mr Bell, 44, replaced James Cantalupo, who died last April after suffering a heart attack while attending a McDonald’s franchisees convention in Florida. He was 60.

An advocate of his own product who would eat McDonald’s for breakfast with his teenage daughter, Mr Bell’s period as CEO coincided with increasing criticism of the company’s food.

A few weeks after taking over from Mr Cantalupo, the Australian was told he had cancer, but stayed in job until two months ago, having started working at a Sydney McDonald’s outlet at age 15. Mr Bell become the country’s youngest store manager at 19, and went on to run McDonald’s Asia and Europe.

“I take every job at McDonald’s like it’s going to be my last,” he said in 2003. “If I die in this job, I will be very happy.”

Colorectal cancer is cancer of the colon or rectum. Although a connection to diet is unclear, researchers say regular exercise and plenty of fruit and vegetables offer the best protection.
[/quote]

OOC

that’s proof enough for me!

According to the Xinhua News Agency:

Hamburger a suspicious killer of 2 McDonald’s CEOs

news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005- … 477136.htm

[quote=“OutofChaos”][b]“Will McDonald’s Food Kill Me?”
[
Well, it might have killed it’s most recent CEO at age 44,(and the second to die in less than 12 months) but the evidence isn’t clear.
[/quote]

I read both Fast Food Nation and Mc Donalds Behind The Arches.

Fast Food Nation is more of a Michael Moore sensational slant on facts.

Behind the Arches is a more clinical look at how they achieved their success.

One thing stood out though. After processing all the flavor is gone. What we eat is just mouth filling textures with chemicals added back to make it interesting.

Something to be said for the Taiwanese food if they could just lay off the fatty meat, oil and salt a little.

Actually I wander if a big mac or serve of oily, fatty, salty food is going to be any better?

McDonald’s food can’t kill anyone. With that many preservatives, anyone who eats enough McD’s is liable to become immortal.

all this talk is making me hungry. There’s a BK near where I work…YAY

…and for desert…two words…(chant along with me, now…)

Crispy Cream!

Krispy Kream!

Krispy Kreme!!!

Yeah sugar bomb, fatty doughnuts!!

OOC

i think the key here is the processing. i didn’t tell you guys this before, but my family had a hamburger restaurant for about 30 years (sold it 10 years ago). i grew up eating my auntie’s hamburgers, which were quite famous in those parts. we weren’t fat kids. we never liked McConMan’s. our ground beef came from the grocery store around the block, patties made up fresh in the morning, tomatoes bought that day, fresh lettuce,in fact, a hamburger could be pretty good for you. that’s what bothers me about all these mcdonald’s fat kids:
what the hell do they (McDs) put in their food to make them so fat? what do they put in the pancakes to make me put on weight almost immediately? it’s scary.

:bravo: :bravo:

Oh no, is this going to be another Highlander movie. In the end they have to keep eating burgers until only one remains, there can be “only one”.

Has this film made it to Taiwan:

supersizeme.com/

Been, gone, had the thread.