Will my boyfriend be upset that I'm not a virgin?

Oh jeez you sound like my mother.
I pray to God to let me get some peace. :grin:

As for the OP, I’m thinking she has to be straight with this guy.

Cos he’s making such a big deal of it , so she has to tell him. Hopefully he will get over it quickly and then later realise when he matures a little and gets some life experience, two kids and a mountain of dirty nappies later, what an eejit he was for focusing on this . ESPECIALLY as they are already having sex and everything else is going great.

And the OP should remind him forcefully of that FACT that they are already having sex if he attempts to complain about loss of said virginity. If he can’t accept it, tough shit , you don’t have time to be wasting on waiting for people to grow up. We don’t get everything we want . That’s f@*king life!

That’s my Tommy Andrew four cents.

3 Likes

Funny you should say that. I listen daily to a call in prayer show, and out of the five callers there’s always one mom who’s asking for prayers of conversion for their kids. LOL

While I think we should all pray for our loved ones, praying that they return to the faith that may fit you well, but not them is disrespectful. IMO

2 Likes

To be fair my mother doesn’t mention it much but is convinced that when I’m older I will return to the fold.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Judging by some of the articles I’ve found online, I think this might still be going on in China. It would seem like it is not common in the big cities, and when checked, they don’t display the bed sheets for all to see, but the lack of blood after the first night of wedding can be cause for divorce.

Just use the keywords 假落紅 新婚 and it feels like I’ve traveled back to the 18th century.

1 Like

Well foot binding and selling kids for marriage and household slavery was common too but hey we don’t do that anymore either.

1 Like

There’s a scene in Shanghai Girls (fiction inspired by interviews with elderly Chinese Americans) where they celebrate two weddings in a hotel (1930’s Shanghai), and the next morning they’re having breakfast and ask the staff to bring the sheets for inspection, while other guests who have nothing to do with the weddings are also present in the hotel restaurant. Some are foreigners and don’t have a clue what’s happening, but one foreign couple knows exactly what it’s about and looks horrified.

I wonder how common it was in Taiwan.

Good book btw, though the ending is abrupt, like she was planning a sequel but couldn’t think of a good cliffhanger. :2cents:

2 Likes

My replies are often tongue in cheek
You need to do what makes Sense for you because nobody is you and you need to live with your decisions and choices

I throw a lot out there to make people think

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Now that I’ve been married fir six years I can say that sex is maybe only one percent of my marriage if that

It shouldn’t be that low but there’s just too much other shit going on some of it good shit some bad shit some do so shit but so much shit is going on there’s no time or inclination for sex

So I say get it all done before marriage afterwards sex is mostly history
At least for mAny

Do not marry for sex that is for sure

Sounds pretty shit. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think i get the formula:

1. boy meets girl, has a lot of sex, decides to continue their relationship as well as the sex because they have grown fond of each other sexually and as a companion.
  2. they get married because that is the societal basis for continuation of such a union.
  3. after marriage other things in life take priority (such as work and work and more work) so that they get tired from all that work and don’t have time or inclination for sex.
  4. children become the next bond between them and that keeps them busy for a few decades.
  5. sex becomes in time less of a unionizing thing between the couples.

Sex sells and sold you INTO THE NAVY :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is 3rd base?

I always understood 3rd base to be oral sex.

1 Like

According to Urban Dictionary:

TOP DEFINITION

3rd base

3rd Base is getting either a Hand Job, Fingering or Oral Sex. Can also be used as foreplay before sex or just a Sexual activity without having to actually have full Sexual Intercourse

I would say oral sex is pretty much sex. It’s kind of silly to somehow say it doesn’t count because it wasn’t vaginal intercourse at that point.

4 Likes

I agree, but the concept of PIV penetrative sex is still widely considered the thing you must do in order to “officially” lose your virginity as a heterosexual person.

listen, you need to put yourself in his shoes. if you were him would you be upset? most likely yes.

It’s pretty backwards to think sex is solely the act of vaginal penetration.

Reminds me of the joke of “just the tip, it doesn’t count”

1 Like

It is. By that standard, lesbians who have never had vaginal intercourse but have gone to third base with plenty of women are still technically “virgins.” It’s just goofy.

2 Likes

what if you didn’t play baseball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

3 Likes