Mint baby, and I reboot it whenever I want

1 Like

Do you want us to believe you also can get laid whether you want? :ponder:

It’s just a meme :slight_smile:

That’s what my hair looks like In these virus Days

And yeah I didn’t get laid either
But at least I got Linux now

1 Like

only first day with the switch over but i am LOVIN it.

i am able to set it up so if i close the lid it is on standby and starts up in a second when plugged in. and if unplugged to save power it will hibernate.
the power button shuts things down

i find the cold start is not too bad, about 90 seconds or so.
i am so tired of that windows horrible start up of near 3 mins from cold
and so often another stupid download of another update and consequent 15 mins waiting for the dang thing to actually work again

tired of all that BS from msoft. I think this puter was set up for win 8 and then they allowed up a conversion to win 10 but its not the same as win 10 out of the box i believe. Because everything went to shit after that.

do i need avast anti virus? Or because I dont save anything to this puter i supposed i can just reinstall from the flash.

probably should have done the suggested cinnamon as i read that is most like windows. but hey so far so good with linux lite

everything i do is internet based anyways so this is working fine
i find i have thunderbird so thats what i had been using.
i got Firefox so im ok with that instead of chrome as its super fast with linux

and i can save a file on a download . so i think that about covers my net use i think.
I have word like thingys so thats cool. I dont really use anything else.

if i run into a hitch i will ask you wizards.

3 Likes

:+1:

I would stay away from anything made by Avast. They got into trouble earlier this year for collecting and selling browser data. I think Firefox started rejecting their extensions.

For starters maybe just keep your browser, preferably Firefox, up to date, and store your important files with a reputable cloud storage service? Just another internet suggestion I suppose, all your decision and risk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Luckily me net life is pretty simple

No important data to keep on any clouds

Firefox is working fine

I was avoiding using my laptop for about a year now because it was so glacial
But. Now it’s working real good

I will use it more
I dont Think I used it more than maybe once a month for the last year

1 Like

This is the received wisdom, I haven’t heard about anything really changing

1 Like

Hey i just wanna tout linux lite again.

It is just awesome to be able to just lift the lid on my puter and voila everything is working in a second.

and even if from full start up, its not a long ass wait.
this is very liberating !! Viva Linus Torvald (did i get his name right?) What a wizard eh?

and of course all the people that do all these distros. Amazing.

and to think i stayed off linux ala ubuntu for so long and yet i also installed ubuntu on two of my friends very ancient puters some ten years ago. When i could not reinstalled their win 95 software with the cd that came with it.

and myself why did i stay away for so long???

i raise a toast to all the linux wizards from torvald himself to all the people that designed and worked on all these different distros, apps, etc.

gosh there is so much shit going on in the world right now. with the virus and riots happening in the USA, China being the big mess and all that stuff

there is one microscopic good right now and that is tommys old ass puter now works like a teenager puter.

4 Likes

now i know that i could have set the lid to start up the puter on win 10 too, simply set it to sleep when lid closes but somehow i always felt things were still ON, perhaps they weren’t

and it was amazing the difference between setting up the printer.

with win 10 i had to put in the disk and load the software onto the hdd , which took bloody forever.
and then i had to physically connect the printer cable from the printer to my computer after turning it on after installing the software from the disk.
Then i could program the thing to work off my internet connection.

With linux lite? Just plug the usb of the printer in and it searched for and found the drivers and just print test page and it was ready to go, wireless printing set up in minutes rather than a whole hour.

This was just one example of how much nicer linux is to win 10.

starting up win 10 with a celeron processor and 4 gig ram took forever , anywhere from a “speedy” 3 mins to the usual five mins or more and that is if no stupid software update has been uploaded and installed automatically. There was just so much shit the processor had to run thru to just get the thing to START and get to work. And this was on a puter that i had completely clean up of all files that didnt come with win 10!!! It was an empty puter and still took ages.

And it wouldnt shut down either claiming about ten different things needed individual shut off before the win 10 will shut Almost i would imagine as hard as shutting down a nuclear power plant.

a shut down on linux? push the off button and in a microsecond its all shut down.

1 Like

and…i do have to work out how to scan wirelessly with my epson printer and scanner. OR do i have to actually put in a printer wire to connect via usb to the puter physically? And what software do I need to install and how?

anyone? danke !

This looks promising, you should be “deb”

http://support.epson.net/linux/en/iscan_c.html

2 Likes

Not Found

The requested URL /iscan/general/deb/x64/iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.deb.tar.gz was not found on this server.

for all of them. hmmm

I guess the rare times when i must scan i can go ahead an attach a printer cable no biggie.
I hardly print anything and maybe actually scan something once or twice a year.

Ha, that’s not so helpful. How about this

https://epson.com/Support/wa00821

Usually you can work these things out by googling your model, your Linux distribution, and a brief summary of your problem. Chances are good it’s been discussed or addressed somewhere on line.

1 Like

gonna try this site:

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/searchModule

1 Like

omg too much computer geekiness for me. I think i will try plugging in a printer cable for the TWO times a year i might need my scanner :slight_smile:
Im scared to use any terminals and gooeys and all that jazzz , maybe i will eventually get into this stuff but I like to do something only when absolutely fucking needed right this very moment in the space time interface and not a second sooner

You’ll have to use the terminal sometimes, pretty much. That has just meant copying commands off a webpage explaining how to resolve my problem, in my experience.

Every single link on the website works for me…

http://support.epson.net/linux/en/imagescanv3.php

1 Like

cool so i went to the link for linux lite 64 and then what happens?\

think i downloaded the file, but then what? how do i get my scanner to be accessible wirelessly with my puter?

seemed to have downloaded something the first time but i tried downloading again and it didnt work
but im looking for a link to a scanner icon or something

ok i found some sort of text. lol. let me muddle through it a bit.

ok the terminal installed something, but what am i looking for ?? /lol

OK . its very interesting navigating through commands and all that stuff… sorta like going back to ms dos?
but nicer.

anyhows i found the perfect solution for me
slip in SD card in the SD card slot on the printer. Scan to SD card and then take the SD card and put into the slot on the puter and VOILA i have access to what i have scanned. NOt bad not bad for the lazy mans approach to solving this problem for the OH so rare occasions I’m actually going to scan something.

3 Likes