Windows 11

So its still a shit windows system? Windows 10 makes we want to switch to a mac, or an abicus…

Please bring back xp. Please.

1 Like

What they need is the ability to apply updates without need for system restart, like Mac os has been doing for decades. The reason why windows has to reboot any time an update comes is because windows locks any files that are currently in use, and this can’t be changed or modified unless processes using them are terminated, and it isnt possible to do in windows at all when kernel level files must be updated, as terminating those processes would crash windows. So it has to go into some kind of safe mode in order to update kinda like your phone.

Mac os is based on Unix where files can be updated or modified on the fly even if they are being used. This means even major updates can happen while everything is running. No computer shutdown or restart in the middle of an important presentation because user keeps putting off updates.

1 Like

We can hope many of these make it to final

https://twitter.com/WithinRafael/status/1405385156035158022

1 Like

Not always. Plenty of macOS updates need a system restart.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t help :slight_smile:

https://www.howtogeek.com/182817/htg-explains-why-does-windows-want-to-reboot-so-often/

1 Like

Bacon??? I’m in!!!

Will it mine bitcoins?

Asking for a former friend.

Ok. A question to all the windows slaves.

Will they require a face recognition login? Or a connection to internet? Or a finger print? Or anything that confirms identity to be able to login?

One windows 10 failure, amongst its MANY others, was the requirement to login at all. A retarded requirement that is the slow cycle to tyranny that we have already seen for decades.
Curious what the justification for such things would be if we already dont follow the “everyone is a pedophile” excuse anymore…

Windows 11 will be available as a free update to existing Windows 10 users around late November and it will let Android apps run on the Windows desktop.

3 Likes

I don’t login into my windows 10 computer. You can disable it you know.

Really? How? I have tried many times to turn off settings and the stores said tough shit.

I googled it.

You have to press windows + R and type in netplwiz

Then a window will come up like this:

Uncheck “users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and another window will pop up asking for username and password. Enter the username and enter the password twice.

2 Likes

What requirement?

I’ve never used login with Windows. (or my phones or tablets) In fact, during the initial setup you can opt out.

you really need to stop listening to the so-called support in stores in Taiwan - completely :slight_smile: . You’ll get better help in online forums.

1 Like

By the way I tried to find and enable TPM 2.0 on my motherboard. It was actually VERY hard to find the setting because my motherboard (an Asus board with a UEFI bios) doesn’t call it “TPM”. It’s somewhere under “advanced” and some obscure settings, and it’s not called TPM but called “Intel Trusted Platform” or something of that nature.

Even though I got it enabled, and enabled secure boot as well, I used the system health app and it still says my system does not have secure boot and therefore can’t use Windows 11. I wonder what’s up?

I did it myself and it reports that my system can run windows 11 now! You need to update your bios first (mine is MSI and had bunch of updates for TPM to work.)

Then goto BIOS settings/system/advanced/security

There you need to enable TPM and set type as Intel PTT. That should do the trick.

Note: Win11 will only be supported on motherboards which support TPM v2.0 or later. Luckily mine does (its a MSI Z370).

Well mine supports TPM 2.0 too but it’s called intel PTT. However for whatever reason I can’t get Windows to recognize secure boot even though they are enabled in my BIOS so I am still told I can’t update to windows 11. I have no idea what’s the deal.

You need to enable UEFI and install windows with UEFI option. If you had installed it originally as MBR, there’s no way to change it unless you reinstall.