Windows 11

Yea I tried to force UEFI and it would not boot.

So all I can do is reinstall window with UEFI?

That’s what I think. But you could ask experts on: https://forums.tomshardware.com/

I just fixed it.

My copy was installed as Legacy and for some reason motherboard BIOS just assume everything is legacy. But turns out there was a tool that Windows already have to turn my partition into UEFI instead of legacy. After that, secureboot works and the tool reports that my computer can run Windows 11. I just hope it isn’t like Windows 3.11 vs Windows 95 (where everything crashes after the upgrade).

Basically you have to turn your normal MBR partition into GPT partition. You enter this in the command line: mbr2gpt /convert /allowFullOS

Make sure you run cmd as administrator, AND after doing this, you must force your BIOS/UEFI setup to force UEFI or it will just keep looking for a MBR and assume no OS exists.

Yea most motherboards that came out in the last 2 years support UEFI and all that but looks for MBR by default.

1 Like

Congrats! I didn’t know it was possible to convert mbr into gpt. Good to know.

There are prerequisites associated to this however. Like if you got a bunch of different partitions then this command won’t work. It only works if you have one single partition (that covers most people) as GPT has some limitations to the number of partitions around since Windows, like many modern OS (such as Mac OS) creates a system partition that isn’t visible or have drive letters attached to them.

They changed the BSOD! The background color changed from blue to black, basically the dark version.
You will be pleasantly surprised when your Windows 11 will crash instead of being disappointed!

Spoiler

2 Likes

I don’t believe that’s been the case for a while.

Microsoft Blue Screen of Death, included with your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate!

The upgrade.

2 Likes

Initially only for new PCs. Free update will be gradually available for everyone with Windows 10.

At least they were sensible enough to choose a colour that allows us to keep the abbreviation BSOD. Imagine a pink screen, or green screen. PSOD? GSOD? Unthinkable! All documentation would need to be updated.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Who wants to :grin: go first?

3 Likes

Piece of crap

1 Like

Predictable, no?

3 Likes

I remember when Windows ME came out I went with Windows 2000 instead because it was much better, than even Windows 98. Then Microsoft decided to just use the Windows NT kernel as a consumer operating system and we have Windows XP.

1 Like

It’s missing a bunch.

Windows 2000
Windows NT 3.1,
Windows NT 3.5(1)
Windows NT 4
Windows 2000
and 8.1 lmao

And Windows 95 was awesome.

5 Likes

Why do you say that?

Agree, definitely missing many of those. Didn’t find a more complete meme yet…

95/98 I guess is a question of personal taste and experience. I didn’t have big issues with either of them.

1 Like

I thought both were bangers. ME was a result of rushed development, the hybrid kernel getting long in the tooth and design decisions that broke things like the removal of Real DOS mode to make it seem easier.

Recently bought Windows ME for fun. lmao.

1 Like

True except for windows 8, it was just a dump taken by windows 7

1 Like