Women on Forumosa

Hey Guys,

In case you didn’t notice, this is supposed to be a thread about women who have cravings for African MEN!!! Not which African women you would bang.

You guys keep hijacking all the decent threads for women. Let the ladies speak for a change.

…and people wonder why there is a private women’s forum. Sheesh!

[quote=“Erhu”]Hey Guys,

In case you didn’t notice, this is supposed to be a thread about women who have cravings for African MEN!!! Not which African women you would bang.

You guys keep hijacking all the decent threads for women. Let the ladies speak for a change.

…and people wonder why there is a private women’s forum. Sheesh![/quote]

Fair enough. But, you haven’t answered the question set forth in the original post (nor has any other woman). Us guys have kept this thread from dying. Without us, poor bababa would have a big fat zero in the replies column.

[quote=“smerf”][quote=“Erhu”]Hey Guys,

…and people wonder why there is a private women’s forum. Sheesh![/quote]

Fair enough. But, you haven’t answered the question set forth in the original post (nor has any other woman). Us guys have kept this thread from dying. Without us, poor bababa would have a big fat zero in the replies column.[/quote]

Honestly, I think there are a lot of women out there who want to post, but refrain from doing so because…

#1: they don’t want to be personally attacked (like what happened in another recent thread)

#2: a lot of threads (such as this one) become reduced to rating how sexually attractive such and such women are.

#3: some women do take the time thoughtfully respond to a thread, only to have sarcastic and juvenile comments directed at their response. So, they probably feel “why bother”.

I doubt many women are going to post on forumosa if they feel it is a hostile environment. There’s very little encouragement for them to do so anyway. :idunno:

[quote=“Erhu”]
Honestly, I think there are a lot of women out there who want to post, but refrain from doing so because…

#1: they don’t want to be personally attacked (like what happened in another recent thread)[/quote]

A lot of guys get attacked personally on Forumosa. Look at Fred Smith.

Well, if women would have answered the question in the first place, this thread may have stayed on topic. Since none did, it was left to guys to speak up and many of us, from a look at the responses, would prefer the company of an African woman to that of an African man.

A lot of the guys write well thought out posts too. I’ve written a few posts that expressed personal feelings or experiences and received a few sarcastic replies. I just figure that’s part of the deal. Anyway, do I really care what some stranger out there in cyberland thinks about my posts? Not really.

I hope that isn’t true.

[quote=“Erhu”]Honestly, I think there are a lot of women out there who want to post, but refrain from doing so because…

#3: some women do take the time thoughtfully respond to a thread, only to have sarcastic and juvenile comments directed at their response. So, they probably feel “why bother”.

I doubt many women are going to post on forumosa if they feel it is a hostile environment. There’s very little encouragement for them to do so anyway. :idunno:[/quote]

You must be referring only to conservative women. Because, as far as I can tell, liberal women enjoy sarcasm as it is a sign of wit and intelligence.

if you can’t take the heat, get out… er, um, get back into the kitchen :wink:

c’mon everybody gives everyone crap here. it’s part of the fun. don’t take it seriously. there’s no need to go ballistic no matter how juvenile, stupid, mean, ignorant people get. i mean, fred smith is one narrow-minded ignorant SOB, but I still like him. :smiley:

[quote=“Jack Burton”]if you can’t take the heat, get out… er, um, get back into the kitchen :wink:

c’mon everybody gives everyone crap here. it’s part of the fun. don’t take it seriously. there’s no need to go ballistic no matter how juvenile, stupid, mean, ignorant people get. I mean, fred smith is one narrow-minded ignorant SOB, but I still like him. :smiley:[/quote]

Hey, I’m still here posting. But, it would be nice to have some other women here posting with me. I’m trying to explain some reasons for their silence.

While women enjoy wit and sarcasm just as much as men, the trump card that seems to get played a lot on this forum is “oh yeah, well you’re ugly” or “no wonder no man wants to date you”. I don’t see the women making jabs like that at the men here.

With all the negative things being said about Western women recently added with the overtly sexual nature that many posts have taken (including the delightful cup song on the games board) sometimes it feels like forumosa is just an old boys club.

Why would women want to come here and subject themeselves to that abuse? It seems there are only a handful of consistent female posters here that are willing to put up with it. Cheers :beer: to them!

[quote=“Erhu”]
Hey, I’m still here posting. But, it would be nice to have some other women here posting with me. I’m trying to explain some reasons for their silence.

While women enjoy wit and sarcasm just as much as men, the trump card that seems to get played a lot on this forum is “oh yeah, well you’re ugly” or “no wonder no man wants to date you”. I don’t see the women making jabs like that at the men here.

With all the negative things being said about Western women recently added with the overtly sexual nature that many posts have taken (including the delightful cup song on the games board) sometimes it feels like forumosa is just an old boys club.

Why would women want to come here and subject themeselves to that abuse? It seems there are only a handful of consistent female posters here that are willing to put up with it. Cheers :beer: to them![/quote]

gosh, i feel like i have to post a serious answer. ahem… let me put my thinking cap on…

it’s not true that only women get crap for not finding their type here. men here get crap along the lines of you’re such a loser you couldn’t find a woman back home if she died on your doorstep (right Maoman? jk see if he flounders me. haha.)

actually lots of women dont seem to enjoy sarcasm. they think it’s puerile, at least IME. but that’s ok, i enjoy my puerilissimus.
i havent looked at the cup song/games board, so cant comment. but hey theres so many trolls out there, just dont read those posts. smile, move on knowing that many idiots, myself included, abound.
go start your own posts. i don’t believe i’ve seen you start very many threads. not many threads from women in general. why is that? or is that our fault somehow?

as the goddess Nike said, Just Do It. ignore us SOBs. Buy low, sell high.

I think a lot of posters would agree that if Erhu, or one of our other female posters left, it would be a shame.

That one doesn’t really work on Forumosa, does it? Unless you met someone at a Forumosa Happy Hour, how would you know if someone is ugly? If someone called me ugly on Forumosa, I’d start to worry that there is a hidden camera in my monitor.

I think you talked about this one before in connection with the most recent bickering between Travelgoddess and SteveZeAuthor. However, I saw their battle as pretty even on the insults meter so I thought she held her own. Plus, I thought he was mainly offering constructive criticism as opposed to a blatant insult that Travelgoddess will remain single forever.

It seems to me that there were quite a few posts supporting Travelgoddess. I would think she could find solace in those. Are we only allowed to give hugs and kisses to the women?

I have my cigars, beer and golf clubs in the car. Let’s go.

By describing the guys on here as a bunch of juvenile male chauvinist pigs, seems to me that you are hanging pretty well. Keep up the good work. :wink:

What

Good enough for me. Thread is done!

I believe the worry is that a lot of threads are dragged into this by generalizations (“all Western women are fat/ugly etc.”), not based on a judegment of the person itself.

In my opinion Forumosa is a male-dominated realm. That’s just the way it’s evolved to date, for whatever reasons. As far as the “battle of the sexes” goes, on the one hand you get some interesting, honest insights in the way men perceive women. On the other hand they’re not always very pleasant things to hear. Women just don’t have the weight of numbers here, in terms of individuals or posting frequency and we’re not likely to in the near future, due in part to the prevailing attitudes on the forum. You will take notice that I’m not complaining about this - I’m calling it the way I see it.

Women are in general more reluctant to get in there and argue, because we take insults more personally than men, who are trained to deal with “friendly” abuse from a very young age :slight_smile: This is a very broad generalisation, of course, but I think it explains some of the reluctance of many women to post. In order to be comfortable posting here, you have to be willing and able to take a fair amount of heat for anything you might say that disagrees with majority opinion. Sometimes, particularly for sensitive issues, it’s just not worth the effort.

That’s why Forumosa needs, and thankfully has, a women’s forum.

Oh, nonsense, Erhu. I seem to recall some woman commenting that the white men in Taiwan could only get laid back home if they paid the white women. Ah: forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=16967&start=90

I’m not sure if bababa’s “African man” thread was anti-Taiwanese-male or anti-white-male or both, but you could probably throw that thread in as well. (Meanwhile, my poor innocent little sheep thread got floundered. :frowning: Baaaaah humbug.)

Oh, nonsense, Erhu. I seem to recall some woman commenting that the white men in Taiwan could only get laid back home if they paid the white women. Ah: forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=16967&start=90

[/quote]

Nice try Mapo, but I think Tatonga is an Asian-American male.

I remember I was particularly insulted by Tatonga’s post because, of course, every western woman knows that Canada is directly south of the U.S. Shows how much Tatonga knows!

I think it’s pretty apparent that bababa’s African men thread is criticizing Taiwanese men. ~ That’s not cool either, but hey, thus far no evidence of Western woman attacking Western men. :smiley:

What is the URL of the women’s forum, I might be blind but I looked and couldn’t find a link for it but I do remember seeing it once upon a time.

As for the responses to women, I was most annoyed to hear Travel Goddess told that there was something wrong with her and this was the reason she couldn’t get a man. I could care less about comments to do with men coming here because they couldn’t get a girl at home, thats no reason to call all western women princesses, fat, ugly etc.

Erhu I agree. Although I am not in on the women’s forum (I can’t send Alien a PM as she’s never online when I am…and I am a computing idiot :laughing: )

And I LOVE sarcasm, biting humor and can take a whole crap load of shit from anyone who wants to dish it out. :wink:

But sometimes it would be nice to have an adult discussion without being subjected to insults. :unamused:

Cause and effect. No one mouthed off until she hit us with her post that seemed like a small attack on our tastes as western men and a generalization about Taiwanese men that was unfair. Also the “poor me” tone to it. Of course, I could be wrong about the tone thing (does it even exist online?), but that’s what I got from it. Hence the back and forth action afterwards. But I didn’t personally attack TG other than state maybe she’s doing something wrong and she should stop blaming the men for being too shy or being too enamored with the local women. Although I did state what she sounded like. :unamused: It sounds too much like anyone else I’ve ever heard, male or female, that hasn’t had action in a long time and blames everyone but themself and/or their methods for their loneliness.

I don’t think the generalizations aimed her way were mean spirited so much as they were a direct rebuttal to what TG had to say. But you’d have to ask Chewycorns and MaPo about that. :wink: :slight_smile:

[quote=“yangdemei”]…And I love sarcasm, biting humor and can take a whole crap load of shit from anyone who wants to dish it out. :wink:

But sometimes it would be nice to have an adult discussion without being subjected to insults. :unamused:[/quote]

Yeah, you say that now, but here’s a warning: steer clear of Big Fluffy Matthew, he’s a stone-cold killer (check out [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/notice-experiment-re-insults/9849/1 sticky at the top of the IP forum[/url]). Tangle with the Fluff-meister and you’ll end up crying like a girl.*

Now that guy can lay on the abuse.

*-Crying may arguably be more proximate to laughing, but still. Consider yourself warned!