Women on Forumosa

[quote=“smerf”][quote=“almas john”]
Smerf,
There’s no sitting on the fence with this one; you’re either a sensitive new age guy or you’re one of the lads. So, what’s it gonna be? :beer: :beer:

Or you could try this: don’t post anything you would feel uncomfortable with if your …(insert female: wife, sister, mother, or female friend) were to read it.[/quote]

I’m totally with the lads. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Earlier post was just for show, trying to keep the ladies happy. Such is the burden of every man. :wink:[/quote]

Ha! Smerf, you’re a total sucker for peer pressure! :wink:

[quote=“Erhu”]
Ha! Smerf, you’re a total sucker for peer pressure! :wink:[/quote]

Busted. :blush:

Erhu wrote [quote]Ha! Smerf, you’re a total sucker for peer pressure! :wink: [/quote]
No, not peer pressure. Beer pressure!!! :smiley:

The internet per se is a male dominated device. Shame! You western ladies are all welcome to chat in person in The Zone.

No, John. That’s the one that makes you go to the bathroom a lot.

But if I may add my opinion:

When I first started posting here I got jumped on pretty quickly and squashed by some long-timer with nothing better to do. I very nearly said ‘screw it, I have better things to do with my time’ but I’m an argumentative bastard - some would say I’m a curmudgeon - so I chose to stand up for myself instead.

I don’t think it’s only the girls that get put off by the dominant group here. I would think that there are plenty of guys who also decide that this place is not for them, but they don’t hold their hands up and admit to not being manly enough. The girls complain about all the testosterone because they feel entitled to, so we get a reputation for being male dominated. In fact, it would be fairer to say that forumosa is dominated by a certain kind of personality. It’s probably inevitable.

Dunno what the solution is. A newbies forum to get your feet wet in if you so wish, before jumping into the fray? Alternatively, a site I used to frequent appointed established posters to go out of their way to welcome new members, and help them get over traumatic first experiences. I know that some of us try to do that occasionally anyway, but specifically asking people to do it might make a difference. You could give them an ‘ambassador’ badge or something.

It’s patently obvious, however, that that “certain kind of personality” that you feel dominates here is male. So much more time is generally spent on snappy comebacks and plain bathroom humor or T&A stuff that we ladies don’t generally bother to respond. I’m not saying that the girls don’t like a joke now and then, but generally we take the “discussion” part of “discussion forum” a bit more literally, I think.