Working as a KTV Girl described by a KTV Girl (SFW)

A short SFW video with insight into the job.
You may not expect that she really really likes it. But mostly left out one major part.

The job description is basically the same as the KTVs in Taiwan, less one major part.

https://youtu.be/DSlFSMPe_vQ

ā€œDuring my whole month of staying in Beijing.ā€

Sounds like perhaps she was an illegal worker while studying there.
A big no-no if indeed true, especially as itā€™s ChiCommland.

What major part?

KTVs are hidden prostitution rings (although hidden is an exaggeration, since everyone knows about KTVs and sex workers) in some countries. Taiwan is not one of them though.

:rofl: Taiwan is absolutely one of them. Thatā€™s the part the girl in the video didnā€™t really talk about.

Thatā€™s news.

Iā€™ve thought only Korea, the Philippines and China had them.

Care to enlighten us?

Tainan is legendary for the number of naughty KTVs in the city. In point of fact Taiwan is rife with prostitutes, KTVs, piano bars, tea shops, cafes, saunas, massage parlors, barbershopsā€¦400,000 people work in the ā€œspecial entertainmentā€ industry, not all of those workers are prostitutes but its still a lot.

2 Likes

In Taipei, focused in Linsen North Road ęž—ę£®åŒ—č·Æ thousands of girls plus all the other employees connected. Lots of money pushed into the economy.

Taichung also big but not as big as years past. Itā€™s in nearly every midsize town and even small towns.

This is not new news. Is been around 100 years or more.

Thereā€™s even a sex workers union headquartered in Dadaochung in an old famous hotel famous for prostitution for Big Time International politicians and everyone else years ago.

Have you got a source for this? Itā€™s something Iā€™ve heard before, but Iā€™m not sure where the numbers come from.

On KTVs: arenā€™t there different kinds? Yup, plenty of naughty KTVs, but arenā€™t there other ones that do have KTV girls but donā€™t offer ā€¦ other services?

Yes but if there are girls, then other optional services are a probability, but not for sure, different levels so to speak.

Like she mentioned in her video, what goes on after entertaining on the clock is a private matter. Im sure if you are willing to pay, anything is for sale.

I think that is perhaps the real reason why she quit after 5 days. Probably a lot of pressure from customers and the ā€œbossā€ to make herself available off the clock for special services. Just a guess.

So she makes a video about but doesnā€™t say whats really going on or what?

Iā€™d say its not that much different im china. I saw loads of massage places there, some have th3 girls lined up in the window. And Here you have the binglang girls out in the street.

Some tour guides were offering tours here a couple months ago if anyone wants to go take a look.

I get that vibe as well. I think she realized she was actually tempted by the offers as she began feeling more comfortable in the work environment and felt she had to quit before it actually went down that route.

The hell you say. Nothing hidden about it! :clown_face:

That youtuber seems thoughtful and bright. Elsewhere on her channel, she posted this soulful plea for Korea (her home country) to change its ways and up its game. Interesting stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1G-GCv3qc

Guy

Yeah the provenance of that figure is lost in the sands of time. For sure I would have picked it up from a newspaper report based on government-released data. And it includes everybody, valets, greeters, waitresses, accountants (but doesnā€™t include all the girls working out of smartphone apps). Regardless, we know for a fact there is a very, very large sex industry in Taiwan.

1 Like

She mentions ā€˜after hours serviceā€™. We all know what that means. She was in the job how long? And she quit when she knew the rosy picture would change? Well, well.

By the way many of those small little music places all over Taiwan that say ā€œOKā€ and some other Chinese characters outside, similar setup.

I think it used to be. My impression is that things have really calmed down a lot. Could be wrong but thatā€™s my impression. Seems like that the massage and small karaoke places focus on the older generation and it might be dying out.