Working From Home in Taiwan - 2021

Its called micromanaging, Taiwan’s root cancer.

3 Likes

I think in micromanaging, bosses and managers would be hyper-aware of what the output should be, even if they have unreasonable expectations of it, and be demanding that it happens whether possible or not. The attitude I see is, everybody is at their desk, more money is made than lost, it’s all good. Change something, maybe it goes wrong. Employees can’t be trusted to work unless they sit at a desk. Are they working then? Who knows? Money is coming in.

2 Likes

Who’s paying for the copper?

Recycle!

Mods feel free to put this where it belongs. Question around work from home in Taiwan. For the more old school Taiwan companies that have the “chop” embedded into day to day operations, how do these companies function in a work from home environment? Curious how do they virtualise company and personal seals in such a short timeframe?

What do you mean by chop? The time card stamp?

Stamp or seal used for approving documents.

1 Like

Off the top of my head, the people that need the stamps, most likely will have it on them, whether they are wfh or not. Stamping the docs and then scanning/taking a pic of them seems to be a quick fix.

Those ppl still go to the office . The directors .

2 Likes

It’s incredible how much dirty dishes pile up in the sink when everyone’s at home. I did the washing up three times yesterday.

I guess people are bored so have lots of snacks.

4 Likes

I seriously want to install a dishwasher and garbage disposal.

2 Likes

They are never going to fully shutdown office work are they? No matter how bad it gets, there will be some weasel wording from the CECC that ultimately permits bosses to force people into the office.

Guilty as charged.

Guy

1 Like

I do not mind washing the mountain of dishes, but hate putting away the clean ones back into the cupboard. Putting them away just reminds me we have the amount suited for a family of 5, but only have 2 people in the house.

2 Likes

My wife washes the dishes, loudly, when I’m working. I wash them just as loudly, she says, but of course I’m not working then.

2 Likes

I’ve never been so satisfied to have moved into a giant split level apartment and out of Taipei area as of now.
#foresight :sunglasses:

Kids be gone from my upper domain!

4 Likes

A dishwasher was one of our best buys for our house!
It contributed a lot for family happiness!

2 Likes

No solid commitment to remote working, loose as a goose verbage from Minister Chen CECC around whether companies should provide this option, but kids are at home! Recalling a paraphrased quote from one of the pressers, “If an employee wants time off, the employer should not make it hard for them”. There is always this fcuking assumption in Taiwan that some little magic ama is hovering around to look after the kids while the parents are away at work.

4 Likes

This part I just don’t get. He should be strongly recommending folks to WFH. Showing some examples of why it makes sense.
I know he doesn’t have the authority to force that now but he can speak up about it. So can the other ministers. Unfortunately a lot of older concrete heads in the government !!

1 Like

I guess I am buying one soon. My wife seems to need 7 plates to make a sandwich.

5 Likes