Workplace romance

In the USA when you get hired now you have to watch vids on sexual harassment . And the big take away is you could get in dung if you attempt to ask out a coworker who you may be the manager of. Just in the last year in my work place two managers have been dismissed for seeming to flirt with underlings and two have been dismissed due to actual perceived relationships with underlings. Strangely all the female parties also have been let go supposedly for non performance. Lawsuits pending

So it’s a real minefield trying to date in the American office

There are two ladies I would date in my current office if I was younger and not married but I never have dated anyone I worked with or tried and no one had tried to date me at work Although thinking back there was one or two ladies I should have dated or tried to in my working days in Taiwan . And I was not their manager so there was no conflict there

Basically it’s a minefield to date or try to in the office. Everyone seems to find out about it

One of my managers never tried with a coworker but he did date a customer

Still stuck with her I think

Tommy, snap out of it. You’re married! :rofl:

Guy

5 Likes

Married but not dead bro

Thinking is not cheating :innocent:

This a bit of a weird thread, @tommy525. Are you looking for advice on how to get away with it, or advice on how it would be a very bad idea?

6 Likes

No for myself no I’m not planning anything or thinking anything

I don’t actually think

1 Like

Anything you’d like to ask or discuss, Tommy?

In Germany we say “never fuck the same company”. Or, in case of big companies, “never fuck the same Kostenstelle (cost center)”. I always stuck to it, at least #2.

2 Likes

Don’t shit on your own doorstep, for us limeys. Worrying how this applies to sex.

4 Likes

I like the “don’t shit where you eat” saying. That being said, some folk like shitting everywhere. :laughing: They’re really into the 'McFeces".

2 Likes

Nah I was juSt reading the closed thread the temp one about the bank teller and someone commented about not wanting to be harassed as a lady at work who is customer facing and I was just thinking nobody has tried to flirt with me when I was customer facing at work ?

Now I’m not a lady or a girl or a woman. So maybe that is why no lady has tried to flirt with me in my customer facing

And thinking I wouldn’t mind if the other party was cute and female (in my case)

Couldn’t comment in that closed thread so I thought why not discuss ?

People I know dated in the workplace and it didn’t pan out well

One of them my then wife lol

“Don’t shit in your own nest” is another version of same.

“don’t dip your pin in the company ink”

Yeah sure, but it’s certainly a gateway to long term, in part because the fantasizing distracts you from strengthening your bond with your partner, and potentially can cause you to resent, and even devalue her as time goes by.

If you are serious about sticking with your marriage my guy, try to remember daily that the grass isn’t greener on the other side; it is greener where you water it.

2 Likes

If you want to continue with the saga, there was a subsequent thread about that user’s “friend” getting into a “complicated work situation” with a subordinate at his company and considering whether he should get out of it by leaving Taiwan and working remotely.

After that, it seems that the user himself coincidentally left Taiwan and started working remotely. :thinking:

1 Like

THIS iS A JOKE

6 Likes

One of my previous companies had a bonus specifically for coworkers who got married. They also held matchmaking events.

So clearly colleagues dating is not uncommon in Taiwan - some companies actively encourage it.

5 Likes

Taiwan still maintains a level of sanity.

Where you have the pot, don’t put your dong

Hmmm, I’m sure I have heard before that dating coworkers is borderline illegal in Taiwan, and I have heard of companies that wanted the dating subjects to report on it xD

At one school that I worked at I had three teachers try to jump my bone. The first one figured out quickly that I wasn’t interested. The second one took a while, she tried to pry more information about me through my coworker. Eventually she gave up. Three third one had a crush on me for a long time. I was unaware.

So one day she sends me a message on LINE (at 6am on a Saturday) saying how she will “miss me” when I leave the next year. I replied that I will miss her too as she was great to work with and I told her we could still keep in touch. She then confessed that she had a crush on me for a long time and she waited for me to make a move on her.

I told her that I was gay, and not only gay, but engaged to be married. Basically that she was barking up the wrong tree. She then told me that if I wasn’t interested in her that I don’t have to make up a lie. Then she came around to the idea that I wasn’t blowing smoke up her a** and then tried to ask for proof. This felt a little intrusive and I told her that if she doesn’t believe that I was getting married just wait until I request the time off as proof.

A few weeks later, I got married and took my 14-day marital leave. She was shocked.

4 Likes

Did you invite her to the wedding banquet? :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

See? one more proof we’re wired wrongly. Or women are. :angry:

Nah. We had that abroad. Didn’t do the typical Taiwan stuff. My coworkers planned a simple dinner to celebrate after work. She came, but looked deflated.

I thought that it should be a relief to her that I rejected her because of her gender and not of her personality. I was wrong.

2 Likes