World Cup 2010 on Taiwan TV?

That is a certainty. But I still would love one of them Sat TV. :smiley:[/quote]

Which local channel are you referring to ? And what is SAT TV better than local ? I believe if itā€™s on local channel itā€™s free.[/quote]

1. ERA
  2. SAT TV the service proposed by Jim has all bunch of football which local cable doesnā€™t have.
    Plus, watching the WC on ERA like last time is HELL. a) awful commentaries from guys who seem to know nothing. b) too many commercials. c) awful, awful, AWFUL commercials.
    so, I wouldnā€™t mind paying sat TV i I had the money for it. :slight_smile:

There are a lot of Asian countries not yet listed on the Fifa site. I find it hard to believe that is the final list and hope is not lost for free broadcast coverage of the Mundial here in Taiwan.

Maybe English isnā€™t your native language? [color=#0000FF]What do you mean China is left out?? [/color] [color=#0000FF]Look again under Peoples Republic of China[/color] it is listed in the ASIA section on page 11/17.

PS I Navigated the Fifa website did not google search it. fifa.com/aboutfifa/tv/salesdistribution.html

But if you are not sure you can always EMAIL FIFA and ask them tv@fifa.org

Satellite isnt about football channels the whole content is different to what is available than cable TV, not just football.

Satellite TV will be in English without commercials. So as most of you wonā€™t buy it pubs are your next best option.

If??? it is on local TV it will be in Chinese with lots of adverts.

What does ERA stand for ?

I have about 100 odd channels. Iā€™m not sure if ERA is one of them.

Maybe English isnā€™t your native language? [color=#0000FF]What do you mean China is left out?? [/color] [color=#0000FF]Look again under Peoples Republic of China[/color] it is listed in the ASIA section on page 11/17.

PS I Navigated the Fifa website did not google search it. fifa.com/aboutfifa/tv/salesdistribution.html

But if you are not sure you can always EMAIL FIFA and ask them tv@fifa.org[/quote]

I got my from google, and I did mention that itā€™s a .pdf file. It must have been printed before China was included in the list of licensees. [color=#0000FF]Both China and PRC did not make the list. [/color] Which is why I requested for a ā€˜real timeā€™ site on FIFA website itself, as there is a good chance that your Wikipedia URL might suffer the time lag as my google .pdf file.

See here:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ā€¦ ETNIvf4nsA

Itā€™s a FIFA link not a Wikipedia link

[color=#0000FF]Please look at the date on your PDF Last Modified 29 April 2009 on the bottom of the page, nearly a year out of date.[/color]

[color=#FF0000]FIFA update their PDF as countries are added. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]If you look at the current date of the FIFA pdf file I linked it is 22 February 2010[/color].

Thatā€™s a pretty recent update wouldnā€™t you say. Itā€™s as real time as you can expect to get.

What does ERA stand for ? I have about 100 odd channels. Iā€™m not sure if ERA is one of them.[/quote]

eracom.com/

Itā€™s a FIFA link not a Wikipedia link

[color=#0000FF]Please look at the date on your PDF Last Modified 29 April 2009 on the bottom of the page, nearly a year out of date.[/color]

[color=#FF0000]FIFA update their PDF as countries are added. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]If you look at the current date of the FIFA pdf file I linked it is 22 February 2010[/color].

Thatā€™s a pretty recent update wouldnā€™t you say. Itā€™s as real time as you can expect to get.[/quote]

Yes, I realized. Thank you.

Yes, I realized. Thank you.[/quote]

OK so as you can see, there is no world cup broadcast for Taiwan. I know negotiations have gone on for Taiwan but no company in Taiwan at this stage is willing to pay for the 2010 World Cup.

[quote=ā€œSatellite TVā€]
OK so as you can see, there is no world cup broadcast for Taiwan. I know negotiations have gone on for Taiwan but no company in Taiwan at this stage is willing to pay for the 2010 World Cup.[/quote]

Hopefully that will change or the soccer fans that DO exist in this country will be looking seriously at other options. You may be VERY busy in Mayā€¦

Iā€™m pretty sure that Sat TV is right. I talked with Taiwanā€™s national soccer coach a few weeks ago and he said that for the last World Cup the TW broadcasters paid something like 1 million. This year the asking price is something like 10 million. Donā€™t quote me and the figures could be wildly off, but the point is that a huge increase in price means that it probably wonā€™t be shown on any regular stations here in Taiwan.

[quote=ā€œludahaiā€][quote=ā€œSatellite TVā€]
OK so as you can see, there is no world cup broadcast for Taiwan. I know negotiations have gone on for Taiwan but no company in Taiwan at this stage is willing to pay for the 2010 World Cup.[/quote]

Hopefully that will change or the soccer fans that DO exist in this country will be looking seriously at other options. You may be VERY busy in Mayā€¦[/quote]

I am already mostly booked out through May as I will be in Japan doing hotel installations for not only TV but POS and Internet and other services. Plus we are losing the DSTV Supersports satellite end of May 2010. I am off to Japan again next week to visit new customers who either have existing premises or a building new or additional premises.

So WC starts 11 Juneā€¦ not many days to get hundreds of dishes re tuned to other satellites. I have a lot of commercial customers who will take priority over residential installs if people wait too late. Plus we canā€™t do installs on rainy days and looks like we are liely to get a lot of that as well. Some commercial clients only want systems for the world cup as well.

We have IPTV solutions at hand which are much easier to install.

[quote=ā€œSatellite TVā€][quote=ā€œludahaiā€][quote=ā€œSatellite TVā€]

Hopefully that will change or the soccer fans that DO exist in this country will be looking seriously at other options. You may be VERY busy in Mayā€¦[/quote]

I am already mostly booked out through May as I will be in Japan doing hotel installations for not only TV but POS and Internet and other services. Plus we are losing the DSTV Supersports satellite end of May 2010. I am off to Japan again next week to visit new customers who either have existing premises or a building new or additional premises.

So WC starts 11 Juneā€¦ not many days to get hundreds of dishes re tuned to other satellites. I have a lot of commercial customers who will take priority over residential installs if people wait too late. Plus we canā€™t do installs on rainy days and looks like we are liely to get a lot of that as well. Some commercial clients only want systems for the world cup as well.

We have IPTV solutions at hand which are much easier to install.[/quote]
Are we going to have any world cup soccer on Hava?

Surely will my good friend. :smiley:

News out is FIFA WC is on ERA with all of the above.

Chinese Commentary only

Surely will my good friend. :smiley:[/quote]
:discodance: Then I could care less whatā€™s on local cable. :smiley:

Chinese Commentary only[/quote]

I donā€™t care so long I get to watch. Oleh ! Oleh ! Oleh !

I donā€™t care so long I get to watch. Oleh ! Oleh ! Oleh ![/quote]

Yep its free but you get to enjoy the 20 minutes of advertizing each half.

I donā€™t care so long I get to watch. Oleh ! Oleh ! Oleh ![/quote]

Yep its free but you get to enjoy the 20 minutes of advertizing each half.[/quote]

Kind of explains why itā€™s free ā€¦