World Cup 2010 on Taiwan TV?

News out is FIFA WC is on ERA with all of the above.

Chinese Commentary only[/quote]

The news not published on www.eracom.com site yet.

As for FIFA site, as usual it’s not ‘real time’.

Of course it’s not on the websites. That is because it is not officially announced yet. When it is officially announced then it will be listed. If you had any decent sources you would know about these things.

The schedule with all the games and what channel they are shown as well. All in Chinese of course

2010世界盃足球賽播出時間表

64 7/12(一) 02:30 約翰尼斯堡 澳大利亞 綜合、MUCH
閉幕典禮 7/12(一) 04:30 約翰尼斯堡 綜合、MUCH

年代綜合台 54 場
年代MUCH台 22 場

[color=#FF0000]Edited by moderator.[/color]

Brazil vs. North Korea?! :astonished:

How about a north korea south korea game to ease diplomatic tensions? I know it would be impossible in the WC, but could you imagine!

They have played against each other in the past. So no, not impossible.

North Korea v South Korea to ease diplomatic tensions? More like blow them up even further.

They played twice in the qualifiers. the first match due to be played in Pyonyang had to be switched to Shanghai as the PRK authorities “refused to allow South Korea to fly their own flag and play their own national anthem in Pyongyang. According to FIFA rules, flags of both sides must be flown and played at all games played under its auspices.”

That match was a 0 -0 draw. The return in Seoul was won 1 -0 by the South Koreans but the PRK team claimed their food was poisoned before that game. All as normal there then.

It is pretty much impossible for them to meet at any stage during the finals, as the PRK at least, are very unlikely to make it out of the group stage.

You can work out the permutations here by adding in your own results:

http://www.worldcupchart.com/

They have played against each other in the past. So no, not impossible.[/quote]

In the Finals? When? Qualifying, sure…

Actually I am not just interested in EPL, I love la ligua, seria etc… SO, yeah, if I could afford it, I would definitely get it. :wink:

The guys at ERA were discussing the Cup in a special program last Thursday. My soccer vocab in Chinese is not up to par. I need English commentaries!!!

So does that mean that ERA or MUCH tv will be showing more of the games? There was a schedule of games being shown in an earlier post, but I reckon they may televise some more as the world cup fever grows.

Anyone know of any bars in Taichung / Fengyuan that broadcast Premiership / Champions League?

I’m mostly thinking of World Cup now, but figure there might be a good chance at a bar that usually shows footy games?

Darren

Which bar will be the first to organize an Honduran/Paraguayan night? :smiley:

[quote]Anyone know of any bars in Taichung / Fengyuan that broadcast Premiership / Champions League?

I’m mostly thinking of World Cup now, but figure there might be a good chance at a bar that usually shows footy games?
[/quote]

The Londoner on Hua Mei west st. Great place to watch a game.
Full house on Zhong Ming rd. is doing some cool stuff for the world cup(Specials, pools)
La Bodega on Jin Cheng rd(2nd or 3rd street) is mad about the world cup.

[quote=“whitetiger”][quote]Anyone know of any bars in Taichung / Fengyuan that broadcast Premiership / Champions League?

[/quote]

The Londoner on Hua Mei west st. Great place to watch a game.
(taiwanfun.com/central/taichu … NDONER.htm)

Full house on Zhong Ming rd. is doing some cool stuff for the world cup(Specials, pools)
(taiwanfun.com/central/taichu … lHouse.htm)

La Bodega on Jin Cheng rd(2nd or 3rd street) is mad about the world cup.[/quote]
(taiwanfun.com/central/taichu … BODEGA.htm)

Brilliant - thanks Whitey!

Links to addresses added for my own future reference!
Darren

Ads during live games = :thumbsdown:

Just checked out the schedule. Loads of afternoon games, since we’re 6 hours ahead, we’d be able to see live action at 7:30 and 10. Great news! The night games there would start here at around 2:30am.

2:30am would pretty much suit my jetlag at the moment…although I am planning to become a normal human being with normal nocturnal habits by kick-off…

Does anyone know the current status on televised world cup games? Will the local channels be showing most of the games?

There is another option for consideration. I currently watch live UK TV channels online using an IP mask. Both BBC and ITV will be showing All the World Cup games live. I currently pay £6.50 (NT$300 a month) to a company called VPNUK. vpnuk.net/ to do this.

You are allowed to watch all BBC and ITV channels online if you are in the UK. This company just masks your IP so that it shows you are in the UK so you are able to watch. I have no problems with it, and since my PC is connected to my TV it’s just like watching it back home. I had a nice evening catching up on Emmerdale and Coronation Street the other night. (Sad, I know. haha)

Just another slightly cheaper option to think about.

[quote=“English_guy”]There is another option for consideration. I currently watch live UK TV channels online using an IP mask. Both BBC and ITV will be showing All the World Cup games live. I currently pay £6.50 (NT$300 a month) to a company called VPNUK. vpnuk.net/ to do this.

You are allowed to watch all BBC and ITV channels online if you are in the UK. This company just masks your IP so that it shows you are in the UK so you are able to watch. I have no problems with it, and since my PC is connected to my TV it’s just like watching it back home. I had a nice evening catching up on Emmerdale and Coronation Street the other night. (Sad, I know. haha)

Just another slightly cheaper option to think about.[/quote]
Hmmmm…do they have rugby/sport? :ponder: