Worldmapper: The world as you've never seen it before

Interesting way to display otherwise boring data:

[quote]Worldmapper is a collection of world maps, where territories are re-sized on each map according to the subject of interest.

366 maps and PDF posters will be finished by February 2007. Use the menu above or click on a thumbnail image below to view a map.[/quote]

Examples (Total Population and GDP Wealth):

Click here to see more

Interesting site. Thanks Rascal. :thumbsup:

Okay, who can guess what data this map represents?

Sorry Hobbes, would it be a treasure map? All I see is a little white box and a red cross on it.

Great maps Rascal.

CC

Okay, I saved the picture a different way this time. Can you see it now?

Now there’s nothing at all. Odd.

HG

I can see Hobbes’ picture but have no idea as to what data it represents.

Either soccer champions or rainfall.

Greenhouse gasses

No way. The US and China are both too small for that to be the case.

i think it represents rates of land clearance or forest destruction.

Forests in 2000

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Now there’s nothing at all. Odd.

HG[/quote]

Okay, very funny, wiseguy. :fume: That’s it. Last straw. HGC’s name is now officially crossed off my list for… for… that… er… really fun party… thing… that… you know… other people are going to get invited to… but not him. :raspberry:

And now that we’ve dealt with our class troublemaker…

The crowd goes wild, as TIGERMAN WINS!!!

(Soccer champions would have a big south America like that, but Europe would be the other big place. The rest of the world would just be those spidery little lines.)

I was going to say it represents the relative incidence of round brown booty. I thought about rainfall too, until I saw how tiny Scotland is and thought there could be no way.

Okay, since Tigerman won, I have concluded that the last map was clearly too easy :wink:

This one’s much tougher (in my opinion).

And no cheating by browsing through the site to find it! :no-no:

What’s this one?

Liberia & Panama look big so it’s got be be something like licensing, ship registrations…

Cheater. :raspberry:

I bet its flags of convenience for ships. That’s central America, West Africa and Malta.

Cheater. :raspberry:[/quote]

Are you accusing me of cheating? Am I right?

Hobbes,
Are you sure these are world maps? All I am seeing are abstract art-style pics of big tittie women.

Cheater. :raspberry: [/quote]

Okay, looks like the only person who thought that one was difficult was me :blush: :laughing:

I can’t believe how fast you guys got that! :notworthy: (And I was, of course, kidding about the ‘cheater’ thing, Elegua :wink:)

I’ll have to go back to the drawing board if I want to seriously challenge this crowd…

Don’t worry, I’ll find one to stump you guys yet. :smiling_imp: