Worst Pizza

This was on the menu at the all you can eat pizza hut last night. I can only guess how many people picked it…

And you didn’t try it?!?

No, it didn’t sound appealing. I never liked curry except for the thai stuff.

Turn in your Taiwan I.D. card immediately… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I wonder if @fifieldt dives right into these things now that he’s Taiwanese. Livin like as the locals.

Just kidding @fifieldt

noticed it myself today too. Wanted to give my Canadian friends a halloween scare.

1 Like

Hey I like katsu curry as much as the next guy.

But not on my pizza—no no no.

Guy

What’s a katsu curry?

Does it contain cats?

He may want to refrain from answering this question publicly…lest he have his citizenship revoked. :grin:

2 Likes

Katsu = cut = pork chop. Deep-fried breaded pork chop curry.

1 Like

A Japanese classic—and very common in Taiwan.

Just with rice. Not on a pizza.

Guy

1 Like

I met a French girl that I’m chatting with lately. She wants me to take her to eat Taiwanese food cause she doesn’t know what the locals eat.

I found the restaurant. Thanks Forumosa!

1 Like

OK, (foreign) boomer. :slightly_smiling_face:

You gotta draw the line somewhere. :rofl:

Guy

In all seriousness though, I bet this new pizza is much more edible than the pig’s blood and cilantro one, even though it looks a little scary.

1 Like

If I want katsu curry, you’ll find me over at Saboten, and not at the Hut.

Guy

I’ll eat the duck outta that Halloween pizza.
grabs bong

Strangely, there’s no duck on this one… :thinking:

1 Like

I sort of agree. Perhaps the bubble tea and pig blood ones have desensitized us so much so that this one seems at least mediocre. I mean, think about the japanese curry in taiwan. The pizza has all the same ingredients but they use bread instead of rice, which is arguably better. They just “plate” it differently.

I think everyone is avoiding the elephant in the room. Japanese style curry, especially taiwanese fast food knock offs of it, are just shit. Really, just not good food. It gets by in a pinch at 711 cause its slightly better than whatever other microwave meals havent sold out. They are, however, a disgrace to the word curry to be honest…and lets be fair. Microwaved disposable plastic with diarrhea squirted on rice that sits for a week aint really any better than pizza hut.

I noticed the pizza i was making fun of above from 711 and having the longest ingredients list in the history of food production has made its way ito family mart. Same style everything, so the same factory obviously (as most of thier stuff is), but his one is seafood. I look forward to the addition of food poisoning and heavy metal contamination on top of an already terribly scary slice inside a plastic microwaved bag.

That at least comes closer to looking like a Chicago-style deep-dish than whatever the hell that abomination further up the thread is. Churchill’s is run by Brits, though, right? Or have I just always thought that because I think of Winston?

The irony of that place is not only that they don’t have deep dish-- they don’t have any kind of Chicago-style pizza. Just picked a random American city for their name, I think.