Would you take the Covid vaccine?

WTO, government goons, scientists, technocrats, Bond villain lookalikes from the WEF…

The virus is under very little pressure to mutate into a more deadly form. And it also is under limited pressure to mutate into a more contagious form because it was already so well adapted to human transmission.

Ironically, the introduction of vaccines has the potential to create greater evolutionary pressure for mutations.

1 Like

Assuming the vaccines are effective among at-risk groups, which isn’t a given with the trials to date, then I don’t see why these vaccines shouldn’t end up like the annual flu jabs. People are recommended to take it and then it’s their choice to decide what risk they want to take.

I feel we’re getting steamrollered into a mass vaccination that isn’t necessary.

I’ll take it as I have no issue with vaccines, but I think it’s a waste of money.

1 Like

As someone with extensive survey experience, I just wish to point out that the “Yes, but after other people take it first” option is not ideally worded, as it mixes together the concepts of “Yes, after I see that more people take it and avoid getting sick” (self-protection motivation) and “Yes, after yielding to first responders and higher-risk groups.” So we don’t know whether to add the item to the “Yes” group to determine high willingness, or to count it as a somewhat positive response with hesitation. I answered Yes (and am in a very-high-risk group).

4 Likes

Also, viruses usually mutate to be LESS deadly, not more. The deadlier it is the harder it is to spread to others.

1 Like

Totally agree with you.

People way smarter and more devious than I will be buying super yachts off the back of this panicdemic.

1 Like

And whether people take the vaccine or not, the pharmaceuticals won’t care since the vaccines are bought in advance.

1 Like

Will be? Executives at multiple pharma companies involved with the vaccines have been cashing in for months already.

3 Likes

Yes as long as it’s been approved by enough regulators. I would not trust the US regulators as they have been politicized but if countries like Japan, S Korea, and Taiwan approve it then I would have more faith. I actually would rather take a vaccine produced by a non-US company as all they care about is profit. I will not be surprised if these Pfizer and Moderna vaccines actually end up being not as strong as they claim. I’m hoping the Oxford vaccine works out as they can mass produce it in India, which will sell it to other Asian countries for $3 a dose

1 Like

After I have been in remission from cancer treatment since the past 3 years, I have to give it a no.

That’s actually not the best way, and may not work at all… You want it intramuscular so that it gets presented to the right immune cells via the lymph system, in the correct sequence.

but i appreciate your spirit!

Good ol American taxpayer money funding substantial R&D too for the Freedom Edition of the vaccine, soon available for purchase at exorbitant prices courtesy of f you that’s why.

2 Likes

I wonder what the poll results would like if travel wasn’t a factor? There’s not many that seem keen to get this vaccine based purely on its claimed merits.

1 Like

“(Kingdomparadise)” After I have been in remission from cancer treatment since the past 3 years, I have to give it a no."

Whether before remission or afterward, the concern would be a live, attenuated vaccine like the nasal flu vaccine (which is not the type they give here, anyway). A killed vaccine (like the flu shot) is very safe. Even a cancer patient not yet in remission (like me) can get one. My oncologist okayed me for the flu vaccine. In fact, it is even recommended. A non-viral vaccine like the COVID-19 type is extremely safe. It is actually quite important that high-risk individuals with comorbidities (another underlying condition) get it, as the risk of serious illness or death is highest for these people.
Here’s reliable info directly from the CDC:

“mRNA vaccines are not live vaccines and do not use an infectious element, so they carry no risk of causing disease in the person vaccinated.”
12 Likes

Why would they be keen? It’s a vaccine, not side-effect-free heroin.

I’m not sure what “claimed merits” means either. The sole merit is being vaccinated, being immune to a disease. It’s avoiding a potential new risk rather than endowing a new advantage.

It’s not supposed to be fun - being vaccinated plus gaining 6-pack abs or being vaccinated plus longer erections.

Safe and effective. I have doubts about both.

I think safety from unintended effects is another merit.

It’s also not meant to make you sicker than the disease it’s supposedly protecting you from.

1 Like

That’s my take on it. I don’t see any reason whatsoever to take an untested vaccine for a disease which is unlikely to cause me anything more serious than a few days of woe. But I will undoubtedly be forced to do so if I want to continue living a normal life.

For sure I would take it.

1 Like

I will take any that passed three trials managed by western large consortia(/pharma. Sign me up.