Would you take the Covid vaccine?

People take these things literally. It’s better not to say them, when it comes to vaccines there is a lot of false info out there.

For the J and J vaccine the efficacy is definitely lower but it should be very effective at preventing death and hospitalisation overall.

The trial data has not been published and I think that’s not a good thing…But it will be published .

Including mild and moderate disease, the overall efficacy was 66 percent, but varied across the regions: 72 percent in the U.S., 64 percent in South Africa, and 61 percent in Brazil. “Mild and moderate outcomes” could include a range of illness, said Gandhi, and we won’t know the details until the full trial results are published, but we do know that everyone recovered without medical intervention.

“Admittedly, against mild to moderate disease, it didn’t work as well, and I understand people’s concerns,” said Gandhi

J&J is a potential game changer globally as it is one shot (as mentioned above) and relatively easy to transport and store, unlike the fancy mRNA ones that require deep freeze. So in terms of a larger game—that is, getting vaccines out to the world to actually stop this pandemic—it could still play a key role.

Guy

With the J&J vaccine in the news, Rachel Maddow gets personal, telling us that she, as a 48 year old woman, has also recently received this vaccine.

She uses this occasion to ask a series of questions to the Surgeon General of the US Vivek Murthy about what’s going on—and what we can expect going forward.

Guy

I love it when they ask one guy who is a presidential appointed to give all the answers. The surgeon general position before was a bit of rubber stamp one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/astrazeneca-vaccine-covax-world-clots/2021/04/15/da05b424-9876-11eb-8f0a-3384cf4fb399_story.html?outputType=amp

Bit of a pickle.

2 Likes

My arm still aches 8 weeks after my first jab (Oxford). I don’t want the second jab.

1 Like

Second pfizer shot yesterday. All good here. :+1:

3 Likes

AZ…First dose done.

3 Likes

The other vaccines have similar clot risks, and the risk is minute for all of them.

Just got the second Pfizer
Hope I don’t get any major side effects

First one made me tired for about a day and had some vertigo when laying down

2 Likes

I felt pain the first time because the male nurse jabbed me like a pig
I saw him today and was afraid I would get him again
Got this nurse who was gentle
Never felt the shot

Didn’t have much arm pain first time
Wife felt arm pain for a few days first shot
Zero second Pfizer

2 Likes

Glad to hear it, Tommy! That’s great news!

Guy

I thought about not getting it
But it’s like finding out your rubber broke off…may as well continue

In for the first…in for the second

Uk, OK. :nauseated_face:

Whatever analogy works!

Guy

2 Likes

BBC News - West Virginia to give young people $100 bond to get vaccine

In for the third ?

1 Like

Wish I was that young.

Don’t wish I was in West Virginia though!

Guy

1 Like

I do…Looks awesome…And I know how to talk to some of my lost long lost brethren :grin:. I shall bring dental supplies and ammunition to support the local community.

I’m going to take a road trip one day and it’s going to go straight through there. At 200k an hour (last bit was a joke :grin:).

1 Like

:rofl:

The better parts of the Irish diaspora made it to Taiwan!

Guy

1 Like

West Virginia mountain mama …take me home down country road …

West Virginia is about the most beautiful place on earth. Spent every Thanksgiving week there hunting as a kid.

2 Likes