Would you vote Palin for school board?

In all honesty, I can understand how somehow would vote for John McCain based on their judgment of his character. And he is supposed to be the president. And that should be what counts the most, right?

But honestly, I have ask Tainan Cowboy and his Republican-voting friends - if she weren’t John McCain’s running mate, would you ever vote for Sarah Palin? I mean for anything?

Really? She believes the Earth is 6000 years old - and talks about it openly. She has been blessed by a witch doctor. And on and on. And I know, that Obama guy, he parties with terrorists and Marxists. But I’m asking a whole other question here. To believe that McCain’s an honorable man who can be trusted to follow common sense is one thing. To sit there and pretend that Sarah Palin represents anyone except the truly most uneducated, I refuse to believe is honesty.

Scott, I’m not sure what you don’t understand but as someone who has argued with these people over the years, the only thing to know is they are:

Partisans. It’s that simple. I supported the Iraqi war in the early years but still got nothing but contempt from these jokers. In part this was because I dared to criticize what wasn’t going well, but largely because it was clear I was never one of the faithful, never one of the party.

Partisans. These guys have no core beliefs but that the Repubs should be in power. They are not true conservatives or they would never have been able to stomach Bush’s expansion of government and abuse of powers.

Partisans. Nuff said.

She is a very effective politician in many ways. Although her views on abortion, evolution, science, and many other issues appear crazy and out there to educated, informed people (including many conservatives) they resonate with many Americans who hold very similar views themselves. She also has a certain charisma and folkish charm, and has the ability to make voters feel she is “just like them.” This political gift should not be underestimated given the high level of disdain many people have for politicians in general.

However she has struggled as VP candidate because she is horribly lacking in experience. With time to gain more experience and political acumen, build her own power base, and refine her views to make them more acceptable to moderate republican and independent voters , she could have a political future on the national stage.

5 years at 4 different crappy state universities to earn a BA in communication/journalism, which requires little more than literacy & a telegenic smile … her two best attributes. Sure, there are millions of people who work their way through college, or who don’t go at all & still go on to be successful based on other qualities … However I would say most of them are not qualified to run a country either.

Choosing Palin was the single worst decision of McCain’s campaign, but I’m glad he did it - should make things much easier next week when they’re counting votes. No more 50/50 Florida2000 BS!

Palin reminds me of Kirstie Alley’s character in “Drop Dead Gorgeous” - the gun-toting, Minnesota-squeaking, win-at-all-costs former beauty pageant queen and egomaniacal nutjob. That was a complete joke & supposed to be an extreme caricature of small-town America, but the similarities are kind of eerie now that I think about them…

EDIT: and no, I wouldn’t want her “educating” my hypothetical kids any more than I want her imbezzling my tax money to illegally send hers on trips to NYC or trying to ban books from my local library.

This I can;t understand. I don’t want a president who’s “just like me”. I’d want someone who is extraordinary. And certainly one who is far smarter and more knowledgeable than me.

I wouldn’t vote for Palin for governor, nor for mayor, nor for school board, no. Absolutely not.

Nor would former Bush Secretary of State Eagleburger. McCain Adviser: Palin Ready? ‘Of Course Not’

But Repubs supporters aren’t voting with their heads here, obviously. Nope, just like they did with Chimpy Bush Hitler, they just feel it’s right, no matter how stupid it all seems. Hell, it worked out so well last time, didn’t it?

HG

Damn straight, mate.

This I can;t understand. I don’t want a president who’s “just like me”. I’d want someone who is extraordinary. And certainly one who is far smarter and more knowledgeable than me.[/quote]

So you would prefer, in the words of the Spectator’s fabulous Melanie Phillips :notworthy:,a Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, and worshipped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters? And you consider such a person to be smarter than you? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that says a lot :smiling_imp:
http://www.spectator.co.uk/melaniephillips/2293196/pinch-yourself.thtml

Of course not. I would NEVER support a Republican such as the kind Phillips (Spectator? a right-wing [color=#FF0000]tabloid[/color]? :roflmao:) describes. Instead, I support Obama.

Of course not. I would NEVER support a Republican such as the kind Phillips describes. Instead, I support Obama.[/quote]

Care to actualy read and address the article? Didn’t think so. IT is kind of hard to refute her description of Obama. Why? Because it is so damn accurate.

Versus eight more years, likely at least one more unnecessary war and the global economy falling into deeper trouble? Ummm, let me get back to you on that.

One imagines the world is an exceedingly scarry place for a frightened little Canadian like you, Chewy. A world where people running for the highest job in America are commie trouble makers at best, radical Islam influenced Mandingo panthers at worst and Canadian PMs are secret Nazis that manage to ride around town on phantom SS motorcycles and in uniforms only you can see. How do you sleep? Or maybe you don’t? Which would of cause explain why your posts are so full of shit.

HG

Of course not. I would NEVER support a Republican such as the kind Phillips describes. Instead, I support Obama.[/quote]

Care to actualy read and address the article? Didn’t think so. IT is kind of hard to refute her description of Obama. Why? Because it is so damn accurate.[/quote]

Marxist? That alone shows her description is BS.

If she says he’s “a Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, a worshipped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters”, that sends so many red flags of “bullshit” going up that it renders the article not worth reading. And consider the source: Spectator. Every bit as reliable a news source as WorldNutDaily or the Dredge Report.

EDIT: I just finished actually reading the report, and it is every bit as much of a steaming heap of bovine excrement as I thought it would be. It goes again regurgitating the tired old right-wing conspiracy theories about Obama’s supposed “connections” to and “influence” of “radicals” like (oh no! Bill Ayers! and…and… Reverend Wright! :runaway:) that only the most blithering of idiots would fall for.

So Chewie, your prefered candidate is one supported by a nexus of racists, flat tax fetishists, flat earth proponents, skinheads, Southern seccessionists, Alaska seccessionists, warmongers, and anti-environmentalists waiting for the rapture?

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Versus eight more years, likely at least one more unnecessary war and the global economy falling into deeper trouble? Ummm, let me get back to you on that.

One imagines the world is an exceedingly scarry place for a frightened little Canadian like you, Chewy. A world where people running for the highest job in America are commie trouble makers at best, radical Islam influenced Mandingo panthers at worst and Canadian PMs are secret Nazis that manage to ride around town on phantom SS motorcycles and uniforms only you can see. How do you sleep? Or maybe you don;t? Which would of cause explain why your posts are so full of shit.

HG[/quote]

When noted and respected authors such as Mordechai Richler say he rode the motorcyle and German uniform around Jewish sections of Montreal, it is true in my eyes :laughing: When hundreds of books by pro and anti Trudeau sources mention his admiration of SS fascists Such as Leon Dagrelle, it is true in my eyes. When old photos have been shown and documented by people in the past confirming these activities during WW2, it is true in my eyes.

So what does that make you? A dunny fly? :laughing: :laughing: Guess you can’t fully escape Perth, eh? :smiling_imp:

Care to actually read and address the article? Didn’t think so. IT is kind of hard to refute her description of Obama. Why? Because it is so damn accurate.[/quote]

Why? I know this is forumosa but it is my post and this was not my question. You can start your own post, if you really want to.

The point of MY post, and not yours, is about support for Sarah Palin. You can link Obama to the Bobby Kennedy assassination all you want, but that’s what I want to know. Really, really, don’t you think you should be laughing at Sarah Palin along with the rest of us? So why pretend now that she’s anything other than the hillbilly ideologue that she is?

Come on. Just admit it. I won’t hold it against you.

Of course not. I would NEVER support a Republican such as the kind Phillips (Spectator? a right-wing [color=#FF0000]tabloid[/color]? :roflmao:) describes. Instead, I support Obama.[/quote]

Do you really consider the Spectator to be a tabloid? That in itself really makes me question your reading comprehension skills. :smiling_imp: Some former editors (e.g. the mayor of London) are even supporting Obama. Now you are coming across as just the type of regional person that Scott is insulting is his above post. Most jetsetters and international people wouldn’t make such a mistake in magazine classification.

Well, if it isn’t, then my apologies. I could have sworn from my younger days in England that it was something like The Sun. Maybe I have it confused with some other tabloid named Spectator.

Anyway, it doesn’t make Philips’ article any more credible: it is still the steaming pile of bovine feces I said it was earlier. And yes, I actually read it.

Congratulations, jetsetters and international people sounds like the sort of description you hear from people so vastly removed from such a lifestyle. Indeed it sounds like something straight out of the Palin suburban neanderthal drawer! :bravo:

C’mon, let’s hear your defence of Palin.

HG

:laughing: That says a lot right there. :roflmao: