Write here like an expert but having no clue to people who know more than you

You can do some quick googling before posting but of course this is not needed, just write in a tone that indicates that you know what you are talking about, even if you have no fuckin’ clue.

Do we need a separate thread for this?

3 Likes

Actually it would be great if we could move here all the expert level sounding yet totally misguided insights that I often run into when reading… pretty much any topic.

4 Likes

Work for me. Of course, if we waited on the opinions of actual experts, this board would pretty well fall silent except for the "Wack Things in Taiwan " thread.

3 Likes

My bread and butter.

3 Likes

So what exactly would make this different from every other thread here?

3 Likes

It’ll be easier to laugh at your know it all bs here.

5 Likes

Mine? I’m the one correcting the false info from the know-it-alls. You still eating burnt steak?

1 Like

As a former writing instructor, I don’t believe that you have presented your message in the most effective manner. First of all, when you claim to be ‘the one’ issuing corrections, it falsely gives the impression that no one else is making the effort to correct erroneous fellow Forumosans. Also, this would be more credible with a few examples of said corrections. Furthermore, ‘info’ is an informal shorthand and while acceptable in a colloquial setting is ill-suited to the current thread, let alone to your message of being the one correcting. I am very happy to further share my writing expertise with an expanded analysis of your post, if you so desire.

10 Likes

how’d i do?

2 Likes

You might need this.

2 Likes

a nice lawn? a dude in jeans? a not-so-rabbit-proof fence? a hook?

!

1 Like

Gosh, I didn’t even pay attention to that grass, man. As a former lawn maintenance expert, I’d say that’s one mofo of a nice one although the need for constant care would be cumbersome what with all the phosphates and nitrogen needed to keep it so lush.

I was referring to the pole removal machine initially.(winky inside joke emoji)

1 Like

How could you be sure posters have no fuckin’ clue? Because you know what you are talking about?

You seem to have hit the sweet spot.

3 Likes

IDK man. Let’s say it’s a gift. Sometimes I read something and voila, I know it’s bullshit and because it’s bullshit and because it was written with overconfidence I know the poster has no fuckin’ idea. Strangely enough this usually happens with individuals who write strong assertions about anything and everything.

1 Like

But aren’t they the same?

We should be testing the water for cat aids. This is just common sense. There’s studies been done. Go find them, I’m too busy.

7 Likes

They?

Bolder. I want your statements bolder.