Wuhan lab leak theory

Well, you can see why the WHO would invite people who knew a lot about coronaviruses to investigate a coronavirus outbreak. and also why those people may have worked with Wuhan in previous collaboration.

My money is on Daszak being a political asshole, covering for his friend the bat lady. Fauci was also playing politics, trying to stay in the game with Trump while not actually supporting some of Trumps’s crazier ideas, like injecting bleach and sunlight. So this got conflated with that.

Some of you seem to gloss over the fact that scientists are all humans too, and therefore completely political animals as well. Some just more so than others. Being a scientist does not cure anyone of jealousy, manoeuvering, ass covering, myopia, or bigotry. but not all to the same extent, of course.

and I actually remember reading that nature article from 2015, and seeing some of the genetic tags and insertions in early 2020, so i’ve been behind the idea of a lab leak of a purposefully engineered virus since day one. And what is worse: the actual creation of an engineered bioweapon or the escape from the lab by sloppy containment, i don’t know. fucking BSL2 for a humanised lethal virus? morons.

5 Likes