Wuhan lab leak theory

It seems like it’d be an easy thing to get away with - send some youngish, well-rewarded agent(s) over to Delhi or wherever with a vial in a diplomatic bag, inhale a bit, and go for a stroll through the market a couple of days later.

Why wouldn’t they do it this way, @snowstorm?

Didn’t Trump put in place a travel ban at the end of January? Before even Taiwan did as I recall, would that be an example of your Coronavirus denial?

Have you not heard that one before in your

And why did he recover so quickly when he caught it? Maybe because he knew all along he had access to a secret cure?

2 Likes

Perhaps they did do that. There were some rumours that it kicked off in Italy(?) in 2019. Not sure why they would have picked on Italy.

Possibly there was a deliberate release followed by an accidental release in Wuhan. :man_shrugging:

But he still let American citizens bring the virus back from China and elsewhere though, right? And I remember reports from the time about packed airports in the US. Maybe he arranged that to help the virus spread?

Hmm, the evidence is mounting up.

1 Like

I’m one who thinks it’s possible. The cultural revolution wasn’t all that long ago. What’s holding society together now? Instant information 24/7. How easy is it, really, practically to shut down the internet from a truly top down central government style of rule?

I read The End of History and The Last Man by Fukuwhatshisname in 1992. He was so wrong. In case you haven’t forgotten Russia simply took the Crimean a few years ago. Nothing substantial happened and now we think it’s kewlkewlkewl that they have a direct oil and NG pipeline to Germany. You think a nuclear and economic powerhouse like Xi’s China won’t do something similar? On others or it’s own folks? Why? How do you rationalize that?

Or am I misreading something?

1 Like

No, he just said he did.

The U.S. restrictions that took effect Feb. 2 continued to allow travel to the U.S. from China’s Hong Kong and Macao territories over the past five months. The Associated Press reported that more than 8,000 Chinese and foreign nationals based in those territories entered the U.S. in the first three months after the travel restrictions were imposed.

Additionally, more than 27,000 Americans returned from mainland China in the first month after the restrictions took effect. U.S. officials lost track of more than 1,600 of them who were supposed to be monitored for virus exposure.

Few doubt that the heavy death toll from COVID-19 would be even heavier if world travel had not been constricted globally. But Trump has no scientific basis to claim that his action alone saved “millions” or even “hundreds of thousands” of lives, as he has put it.

Thanks for pointing that out, he wanted people to think he wasn’t letting anyone in, but clearly was letting covid into the US. And he has repeated this lie many times.

One more question to this suspicious pile. Thanks for bringing it up.

1 Like

Yup, but that’s moving the goal posts, you can’t say he was in denial while he was putting into effect a travel ban, which he got a ton of shit for doing.

Now that’s a conspiracy theory! He wanted the virus to spread? Why on earth would he want that?

1 Like

Maybe so he could blame Chy-na for the pandemic and negotiate better trade rules? I haven’t read The Art of the Deal though - maybe it’s in there?

But he still let Americans in to help spread the virus. You’d have to ask him why. I’m just asking the questions.

Trump, however, echoed many of those same assurances regarding China and its response to the virus throughout January and February, as the unique coronavirus began to infiltrate countries around the world. Just days before the U.S. recorded its first death from Covid-19, Trump touted China’s government for its transparency and hard work to defeat the coronavirus that causes the illness.

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

“I just spoke to President Xi last night, and, you know, we’re working on the — the problem, the virus. It’s a — it’s a very tough situation. But I think he’s going to handle it. I think he’s handled it really well. We’re helping wherever we can.”

“Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days … Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

Jesus, that one sounds right out the CCP playbook!

“I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control,” Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather. And that’s a beautiful date to look forward to. But China I can tell you is working very hard.

I think President Xi is working very, very hard. I spoke to him. He’s working very hard. I think he’s doing a very good job. It’s a big problem. But President Xi loves his country. He’s working very hard to solve the problem, and he will solve the problem. OK?”

OK? :thinking:

And that’s not even half the quotes from the link.

Tell me what someone in bed with CCP sounds like, if that’s not it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, not much in it for him, lock downs and killed the economy which was doing great, used as a reason to implement mass vote in by mail one of his biggest gripes in 2020.

You want to ask “why”, ask yourself who benefited from such things? But as I said earlier, I am of the mind it’s release was accidental if indeed it was made in a lab, which we don’t know for sure.

2 Likes

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here and uncovered the true origin.

Let’s not forget about all the superspreader rallies he held and his reluctance to support masks!

One more observation: Why did he quit his job just as the vaccines came out? Isn’t that suspicious as well?

3 Likes

That’s my feeling too. IMO China were quick to leverage it to their advantage, but I agree with several of the above comments suggesting that the deliberate-release theory seems to have a few loose ends.

1 Like

Fair point. Arguable he wanted to weaken the US, for his eventual insurrection /election overthrow attempts (documented).

Also, market based, lab leak, or intentional, I’ve yet to see an explanation of why Trump was not only in lockstep with Xi, but heaping praise on him. Like he wanted to brush it under the rug just as badly.

1 Like

He had around 9-10 months between engineering the release of the virus in the US and the election - why didn’t he try to fix the voting system, rather than just complaining about it? One more piece of evidence right there!

Hey, I’m just asking the questions that need to be asked. You shouldn’t believe everything you read in the mainstream media.

1 Like

Fixing the voting system is what team Biden was doing, sending out about 600 lawyers if I recall, changing laws that later on would be ruled unconstitutional, while Trump was going out and campaigning the traditional way, Biden was holed up in his basement occasionally emerging to say something incoherent or blatantly racist.

What have I said that makes you think I believe the MSM at face value? I do engage critical thinking before forming an opinion, that Trump wanted to help spread a virus I would humbly suggest is not engaging those critical thinking skills.

My money would be on an accidental lab leak. But it’s not out of the question that an intentional release is plausible. The reality is, we may never know with how China is hiding the truth.

But at this point, how is the lab leak any less a conspiracy theory than an intentional leak? I would say it’s completely within the realm of possibilities right now based on the information we know.

But the circumstantial evidence (which has been linked to already, and quoted) shows both that he was interested in defending Xi, and that he had no issue letting the virus spread in the US (fake-china travel ban, anti mask, rallies with hundreds of thousands of US citizens dying). Why is that?

1 Like

I meant “fixing” in the sense of “repairing”, as I suspect you knew. Why didn’t he use the time to implement a better system?

If you want to make comparisons between the two candidates (although this doesn’t seem the thread for that - this is about Trump’s role in engineering the release and spread of coronavirus, not US politics), I’d suggest avoiding references to coherence or inclusivity. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you haven’t read the link in the other thread, or this one, they’re pretty interesting (and convincing).

1 Like