Wuhan lab leak theory

It’s all public record. Being willfully ignorant will not change the facts, only what you perceive them to be.

All the research on dangerous viruses is a matter of public record? I think not.

Those are US owned labs not Chinese ones that received funding.

US CDC director admitted covid misdiagnosed as flu prior to first case in Wuhan. Prior to that many deaths attributed to vaping shared same covid symptoms.

@antibes i was trying to be polite with you, you made claims which go contrary to what is accepted by all those publishing information on the WuHan outbreak, when asked to show or link to a study or provide evidence you rudely tell people to go search google, that is not other peoples jobs, if you make the claims it’s yours to back up the argument.

Now you are here, still not backing up your argument and calling people willfully ignorant. Increasing your rudeness.

Provide a link, there are all sorts of internet rumors that lack substance many of which make no sense like people becoming magnetic after taking a vaccine. Show me the case with data or we can just dismiss your posts as gossip.

Oh I see it, it’s a China based conspiracy theory kicked off in March 2020 by comments when the head of the US CDC said there were cases were being diagnosed in the US that way today, which was back in march of 2020.

This is old news, when China was pushing back at the very beginning over the origins, I don’t think anyone is still arguing this, except maybe Chinese net citizens.

4 Likes
9 Likes

This would have been funnier at an earlier date

6 Likes

About a year or so late for it to be as edgy as he’d probably like

However, it’s interesting to see how many comments are attacking Stewart for propagating a right wing conspiracy theory. Does anyone still believe that or is it just CCP posters?

It’s a weird thing. Any criticism of science is somehow wrong, when that’s what science is all about. Of course it gets questioned.

1 Like

Jesus are there really? probably bots

You could have done a good bit on it a year ago I think.

I hope it is just bots. But, they seem quite real.

And certainly more timely. He would’ve been crucified though.

2 Likes

He may have not even thought of it, but it seems sad to do it now.

I don’t know. He seems like a smart guy, but he may have swallowed the narrative like most people at the time.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I was watching a clip from Eric Clapton who after his second jab is feeling pretty terrible. He was saying at the beginning of this thing he was like many others debating the benefit vs cost of lockdowns, he siad that his kids who are in the States immediately started calling him a Trump supporter and he felt like he was being socially ostracized from the familly.

Clapton lives in the UK, there actually was a lot of debate about lockdowns at the time, just in the US everything was seen though the lense of Trump.

I dunno … I think the fact that it’s looking increasingly plausible is what makes it funny. When the world is going down in flames - largely because of ‘science’ going tits up - there’s not much else you can do except laugh at the folly of man.

Even six months ago he probably would have been no-platformed by the humour police.

A fair few posters on here, including you I recall, have “told you so” rights, but that would be childish.

2 Likes

At the time, but this is now. Maybe the word has been slow in getting out, but it seems like it is out there. Some entities though have an interest in discrediting the idea.

Well, if more people need to understand still that this is a real possibility, then I’m all for it.

If ‘science’ had been done properly from the start then the existence of the lab near the wet market would have been an observation that should have led to a hypothesis of a possible leak. Writing the lab leak off as a right wing conspiracy theory wasn’t science.

There was no science at all.

1 Like

I was just watching that. It sounds like he had a really bad reaction. And of course the character assassination started immediately.

2 Likes

Science never wrote it off, though there were definitely some parties that tried to downplay the idea.

This was parts of the media.