Wuliao Jian: Definitely NOT a Boring Hike! June 18

You know, I just now understood the humor in that line. Wow, am I slow! :blush:[/quote]

Yes, considering I was thinking of you when I wrote that. (If you recall, you had asked for the tones on Wuliao Jian as your wife kept laughing at you for saying you were going to boring mountain.)

snafu, which MRT station and exit did you go to? My wife and I arrived at 9:40 and there was no one there and certainly no demonstration. Also, I donā€™t recal any buses or bus stops outside exit two. Belgium Pie wrote that the buses go from exit 4. Were you there or possibly at Far Eastern Hospital station? Not all blue line trains go to Yongning.

In any case, glad to hear you got out there. Hope to see you next time.

The hot weather and my bad condition made me trying to give up at the very beginning, and I was so happy I didnā€™t really return at that moment to realize that ā€¦ ā€œdefinitely not a boring hikeā€
And I really enjoy my steak stew, itā€™s awesome!

[quote=ā€œJen566ā€]The hot weather and my bad condition made me trying to give up at the very beginning, and I was so happy I didnā€™t really return at that moment to realize that ā€¦ ā€œdefinitely not a boring hikeā€
And I really enjoy my steak stew, itā€™s awesome![/quote]

Glad you were able to come along on the rest of the hike!

[quote=ā€œMuzha Manā€]

snafu, which MRT station and exit did you go to? My wife and I arrived at 9:40 and there was no one there and certainly no demonstration. Also, I donā€™t recal any buses or bus stops outside exit two. Belgium Pie wrote that the buses go from exit 4. Were you there or possibly at Far Eastern Hospital station? Not all blue line trains go to Yongning.

In any case, glad to hear you got out there. Hope to see you next time.[/quote]

ahh the mystery is cleared I donā€™t know why I saw Yingge stop I went to the Yingge train stop not the yonging MRT doh!! Next time Iā€™ll have to pay more attention.

[quote=ā€œsnafuā€]
ahh the mystery is cleared I donā€™t know why I saw Yingge stop I went to the Yingge train stop not the yonging MRT doh!! Next time Iā€™ll have to pay more attention.[/quote]

Okay, you definitely do NOT ever get to be little leader of the group. :wink:

MM,

I know itā€™s probably around here somewhere, but could you post directions on getting there by car? It sounds like a great hike, I might want to try it in the coming weeks. Tks!

[quote=ā€œcitizen kā€]MM,

I know itā€™s probably around here somewhere, but could you post directions on getting there by car? It sounds like a great hike, I might want to try it in the coming weeks. Tks![/quote]

Take Highway 3 to the Sanxia/Yingge exit. Exit and drive along the road into Sanxia for 5 minutes or so until you get to the big traffic triangle roundaout place where the number 3 provincial runs into your road. Swing right, following the 3 provincial toward Full Moon Park. Youā€™ll see signs along the way. About 5-10 minutes later turn left when the road splits (the second split I believe, the first to Baiji Mountain). You want to get onto the 7 squiggle that goes to Sanmin. The sign should also mention Full Moon Park and possibly Wuliao Jian (there is an Wuliao Jian sign somewhere along here). In any case, the trail is famous locally.

I believe that once you make the turn onto the 7 squiggle it is 3.5 km to the WLJ trailhead. The trailhead is just off the side of the road. You pass the alien detention center then swing round a corner and see a big yellow sign of some god or other pointing up to a temple. Likely on a weekend you will see many cars parked on the side of the road. Park here. If you by chance reach the turnoff for Full Moon Park you know youā€™ve gone too far.

Park anywhere past the yellow sign and walk up to a convenience store on the right. The trailhead is to the left of the store. Canā€™t miss it. Head up the trail (and it is up) and follow the main path. Eventually you will hit a map. The map has numbers on it. It is pretty simple to follow. If you only have a few people you can do it in 4-5 hours.

Thank you, kind sir! :notworthy:

Some belated pics:

Great pictures. I like the last photo of Frodo beside his dwellings in the Shire. Looks like heā€™s just enjoyed a good pipe.

Thanks MM for the piccies. Frodo! Haā€¦youā€™re not after my ring are you? :slight_smile: