Xenophobia towards prospective Indian blue collar migrant workers in Taiwan

We need bus drivers too.

I asked my uncle about bus drivers, and he said they don’t pay that well and any customer complaint they get docked 1000nt. It means they could lose tens of thousands of he runs into a bunch of Karen’s.

No wonder nobody wants to do it.

1 Like

They get monitored on their schedules hence some drive like lunatics. Won’t permit migrant drivers though, no way.

1 Like

And the government doesn’t care? These companies are putting lives at risk with that kind of management.

Another thing to mention is the salary. I am not sure but i feel Indian rupee is the strongest among other SAE countries where migrant workers come from . Is it? i am not sure. So compared to countries like Dubai, or any western countries where most indians go as migrant workers, the salaries they will get here arent significantly higher. Its still higher than india ofcourse but considering one indian migrant worker have lot of family members all relying on him for financial support, i wonder the salaries they will be offered here are enough or not for them to consider moving here to a country most have no knowledge about and have much higher social barriers.

1 Like

No need to discuss it here, the fact is Indian bus drivers isn’t even on the table

4 Likes

And…a march against importing Indian workers is being planned for December. Way to go Taiwan.

https://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20231116002040-260407?chdtv

3 Likes

Maybe @amitkattal and I should join the march. All the girls will immediately leave because they will be afraid of being molested by us.

4 Likes

Please do hahaha. That’ll be glorious.

Please stay safe. A march like this is going to attract the worst elements.

4 Likes

There are probably millions of Indian blue-collar migrant workers in Qatar, UAE and those countries. I don’t see any disruption to society there specifically caused by this group.

Indian government has been speaking very highly of Taiwan these days. Just yesterday the foreign minister spoke some nice words about Taiwan. The PM (Modi) has said stuff this year as well. Taiwanese government needs to do something to call out this racism otherwise they will lose a big ally

3 Likes

Such march cant happen because it will bring tremendous shame to the government. The government wants to have good relations with india and having their citizens marching on road calling indian men rapist is not a good look and brings out the hidden racism of taiwanese people outside. Besides taiwanese have zero courage to come out in public and call people of other countries as rapist. Their bravery only lasts behind a keyboard.

But if this march happens, i am going and besides taiwanese are so ignorant, they will think i am a turkish because i am “not dark brown”

2 Likes

Uhhhh :thinking:

2 Likes

Reworded. Poorly worded the first time

3 Likes

Anyway, the point is that even blue collar Indian migrant workers have moved in the millions to other “richer” countries and it has not wreaked havoc in any way.

Anyway I’m just depressed now man. I made a thread about feeling disillusioned as an Indian in Taiwan a few months ago and I got a lot of nice responses from everyone. This whole situation is just making me feel fkd again

4 Likes

Well, it’s election season, so hopefully one or more of the candidates will address the issue. They’re probably making calculations about whether doing so would win or lose votes though. Would be nice to see a little leadership on this.

1 Like

I dont think any candidate will bring up the issue of racism. Its too risky and if they come up and say dont be racist then they are gonna lose plenty of votes.
They will solve this issue taiwanese way. Lets pretend its not happening and wait for it to go away on its own.

2 Likes

Even in Singapore, South Asian blue collar migrant workers are in the 400k+ range. I don’t see any women safety issues there??

1 Like

Because Singapore is multicultural and this people don’t live in ignorance there. Taiwan is a very closed minded society. Most of the things they know about india or indian people is from news and tv shows .

1 Like

Can someone name a culturally homogenous country where a relatively small but significant ethnic minority does not experience racism?

Japan is homogenous too, and they have a lot of racism