Yet another mass shooting in the US

ANyway, so who shot up Chinese town?

Nobody knows yet. Nor do they know the motive. Well, the killer does, but the news outlets don’t.

So drug offense is somehow worse than murder?

Sometimes I think you’re a government agent. Your argument match theirs

One drug offense vs one murderer. No.

One murderer versus 100,000 fentanyl deaths? Not so sure anymore.

1 Like

Monterey Park is majority Asian. Tons of Taiwanese.

1 Like

I just saw a cop talking on TV. He answered every question with “we don’t know anything yet” and “we should have more information in the upcoming hours”. I’d bet they know exactly who it is.

They need to be equitable.

That’s what cops do. Maybe they know, maybe they don’t.

What kind of immigration violators get sent to prison that it is so full? I thought most just be sent back/deported?

It’s illegal reentry.

Basically mostly mexicans (because the border is so close) who have been deported before, then jumps the fence right back in.

It carries up to 20 years in prison.

Murderers don’t even get that kind of sentence.

Yeah, just reading between the lines a little. It sounded to me like they know and therefore had no reason to reveal any details and just maybe spook the guy until they have him in custody, which they expect to happen quickly. I could be totally wrong though

Because the Prohibition worked SOOO well.

Maybe just stop putting people in prison for drugs.

You’re jumping to a conclusion or three.

I’m going with

trafficking here. Again, I don’t think they’re being thrown in federal prison for personal use on the long hot walk through the desert weed or pills.

Wow, 20 years is long, no wonder why so many there, also the USA mass killing, looked up Monterey Park on google maps, it shows with red spot a warning now exact location/

To be fair, according to the sentencing guideline, there’s a snowball chance in hell of getting 20 years for that, but it depends largely on your criminal history, whether or not you have an “aggravated felony” on your record (hint: theft of any kind is an aggravated felony, it’s what Congress says, not what the crime is). People were getting on average 5 years for reentry.

But I think in recent years they have been trying to massively reduce the sentence for this. Mostly because federal prison is literally full of people in there for that.

You can thank Bill Clinton for this.

And all the illegals to tried illegal re-entry again after getting thrown out. Takes two to tango.

So this five to twenty years in prison does not seem to work or they think they will not be captured?

They have better lives in US Federal prisons than in Mexico, do you really think they care?

It isn’t stopping anyone.

The law is designed to fill prisons because many major politicians have huge stake in privatized prisons.

It’s both, I think. Desperate people do desperate things.

Jesus Christ on a cross. Name them or dial back the hyperbole. Name MANY MAJOR POLITICIANS.

The Bush family has huge stake in a company called Keefe. They provide commissary for prisons.