Yet another mass shooting in the US

I’ve been bullied; I’m poor and alienated, and have often had the urge to off myself, but not a bunch of random people. You’re pissed off? Go shoot up a police station! Nah. You’re too much of a pussy. Go shoot up little kids instead!

Mass shootings always happen in a gun free zone… because who would shoot up a police station?

The Terminator.

1 Like

Yea except the terminator is bullet proof…

Not true. He had to cut his own eye out.

Good point. Except for not being true.

So when did mass shootings happen where people are generally armed, like say at a gun shop or police station?

OK Corral

Yea I doubt the people who did it were sissies though, because I am sure people shot back.

That’s the common thread with mass shooters. They are sissies so they choose gun free zones.

1 Like

That trend has been going on for a long time, but unfortunately nearly all mass shootings happen in places where guns are banned (for the law abiding). Weird coincidence there.

Mall shootings have disappeared, since the mall is full of good guys carrying concealed.

1 Like

Just look at the original thread story - shooter attacks a church, which while not legally a gun-free zone in Texas, is a place a shooter might expect to be gun-free - plus the shooter was stopped by an armed neighbor.

It’s a simple fact that concealed carry laws reduce crime, and would be shooters select targets where they expect no armed citizens. Criminals aren’t stupid or suicidal and mass shooters want to be glorified in the media, and if they’re shot by an armed citizen, the news will bury the story.

and besides OK Corral wouldn’t actually be a mass shooting, it was a firefight. Spree shooters try to avoid that.

What’s worse is cops being cowards and not actually try to stop an active shooter, so the shooter has time to kill more while the cops sit outside waiting around.

does a Taiwanese who moves to the US and moves back to Taiwan lose all sense of humor?

“always happens in a gun free zone” and “where people are generally armed” are not the only two options. That said, there have obviously been attacks on police, including in police stations in the US. We also had a shooting that killed 3 at a gun range here locally last year.

Could be just Texas cops, to be fair.

It is? Can you support that?

What is a simple fact is that easier access to guns correlates well with higher rates of gun deaths. Shocking, I know. :smiley:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

I could post studies showing both - it’s obviously such a polarizing issue that neither side believes the other side’s studies anyway, so there’s no point.

One obvious fact is that violent crime continues to decline in the US as the number of guns, and prevalence of concealed carry increases, but there’s so many factors in violent crime that I wouldn’t use that as evidence. And while overall gun crime has decreased, the mass shootings (the 10+ variety, not 2+ like the FBI uses to label a mass shooting) have definitely increased.

And while concealed carry deters criminals, more gun ownership leads to more gun thefts, so it’s hard to conclude the overall effect.

One thing is hard to dispute, defunding the police leads to more violent crime - just look at cities like Baltimore that have done it. Our worst cities have the strictist gun control, and they come up with all kinds of excuses to blame neighboring states for their own poorly run cities.

Oooooh, ok, support that one if you won’t support the last. :wink:

Some googling suggests this is not the case. A whole lot of representation at the top of the lists in places where it’s easy to get guns and easy to carry.

If you had some high powered weapons in the house just sitting there…juat saying…that is an important factor.

Meh. If I really wanted to, I could jump off a building or gas myself. Not exactly difficult options. And I don’t need a licence.