Yet another mass shooting in the US

Absolutely agree…it was interesting to extrapolate , I have no gun in this battle , other than to consider most of the perpetrators have mental issues and the people who legitimately have guns may argue that removing their right will not stop the baddies getting guns …It is a contentious issue

As with many political issues in America, it’s sad to see it become so polarized to the point that the actual issue is never properly examined. Gun control is not as simple as “pro strict gun laws” or “anti all gun laws/pro second amendment”. In reality, there are constitutional, economic, social, psychological, and political issues which all need to be studied and weighed before any proper decisions can be made. None of that is happening though.

1 Like

His Facebook:

He also posted a photo of a Smokey Bear sign warning about fire danger with a caption instructing people to read the novel “Might Is Right” by Ragnar Redbeard, authorities said.

The book, published in 1890, includes discredited principles related to Social Darwinism that have been used to justify racism, slavery and colonialism, said Brian Levin, director of Cal State San Bernardino’s Center on Hate and Extremism.

“The notion that people of color are biologically inferior is a key tenet of this book, and that biological determinism, the Darwinian view of the world, justifies aggression against diverse people and vulnerable people,” Levin said.

He was also a legal resident of Nevada.

The weapon that Legan used was a WASR 10. It is a semiautomatic rifle built in Romania that looks like a military style AK-47. The weapon, with its standard clip and stocks, is considered an assault rifle that is banned under California law. The weapon is legal in Nevada, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

The AK-47-style rifle that was used in the attack was purchased legally in Nevada on July 9. Legan was originally from Gilroy, but spent some time in Nevada living with family, Smithee said .

1 Like

There’s a reason he didn’t do the deed in Nevada.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-shooting/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

And take note, people: CNN is showing restraint in its choice of words.

Geez I wonder where all the good gun owners were at the spot to defend themselves and the others.

2 Likes

We just need to make it easier for people to get machine guns.

2 Likes

I think Walmart is a gun free zone.

Yeah and schools are not :joy:

2 Likes

48 posts were merged into an existing topic: From shooting

What’s your theory ?

And another mass shooting in Oregon. Three in one week. U-S-A!

1 Like

Oregon? Are you sure? I’m in Oregon, and I didn’t hear anything about a mass shooting. :thinking:

Sorry, Dayton Ohio. I’m an idiot. It’s not been picked up nationally because all the resources are in Texas.

Ah, I see it now…it’s the Oregon District in Dayton.

What sick fuck invented the phrase “live shooter”

1 Like

I knew there was an Oregon in there somewhere.

Here he is. Saving children.