Yet another mass shooting in the US

John Cardillo
@johncardillo

So Syrian radical Muslim Ahmad Al-Issa killed 10 people at “Your One-Stop Shop for Kosher Groceries” and we’re supposed to all make believe that this wasn’t terror and run with the depressed guy angle.

2 Likes

I’ve been reliable informed by the left establishment media that anti-Jewish crime, just like anti-Asian crime, is just a symptom of white supremacy.

2 Likes

Sounds like a stretch. First thing I see on their site

If it’s just that they have a Kosher section or what have you, that sounds pretty improbable.

3 Likes

No doubt.

Whew. That’s a load off.

It’s an angle to look into, given the young fella’s political posting proclivities.

I am a lifetime care carrying NRA member and used to carry a few NRA challenge coins. No more. Never had the chance to use them.

I believe gun ownership (for sane, non-felons) is an American (US) right and responsibility. Bad guys will will find access to weapons (firearms, knives, blunt objects). Crazies will wreak havoc any way they are able. Sane, reasonable individuals should have access to firearms training and, eventually, firearms with a reasonable capacity to PROTECT themselves and their loved ones.

I stray from the NRA propaganda machine in advocating mental health and domestic abuse checks. Look no further than the UK or Canada to find horrible knife attacks. Crazy is as crazy does.

Yea, the NRA used to be champions of gun safety and training, and responsible gun ownership, including sane gun control laws (concealed carry permits, waiting period, gun sale records available to police, no mail order sales). Then they turned into the bitch of the gun industry, against any research or discussion on how to get a handle on gun violence (other than more guns!) that villainizes the gov’t and uses scare tacticts to divide and mobilize an increasingly paranoid (no thanks to the nra…) base.

Ok, but why wouldn’t you have some common sense background checks and try to keep them out of the hands of the ‘crazies’ you’re talking about?

There already ARE common sense background checks.

1 Like

Right, but as I’ve already pointed out,

The constitutions of 48 states require the military to be under the authority of the government. This means private citizens do not have the authority to organize in a military-style fashion.

If you’re fighting the govt, what they allow is kinda irrelevant, no?

I get that part, but my point is there’s no reasonable expectation you could actually fight them that way.

See Waco, Texas, and how that ended.

The majority of society protesting and making it impossible for government to function, that’s what stops government you don’t like.

That is, assuming you’re in a country that doesn’t allow your vote to be counted, which does not even apply to the US.

Of course it’s no coincidence the GOP, the same party that cheered on insurrection and overthrow of democracy, is the same one essentially fighting for gun accumulation/militias, etc.

I have faith even the shakiest of hands can connect those things in a straight line.

Buying an assembled weapon from a dealer, sure, there’s limited background checks. Still loopholes there, and no background checks for things like lowers and components, nor for private sales.

And like I said, see our misadventures around the world. We forget about afghanistan already?

That’s your opinion, we mostly agree on guns, seems neither of us like them much, seems we both think legislation for stricter controls are good and Republicans are the ones blocking things.

Where we disagree is a solution. You seem to be for keeping up the pressure on Republicans until they cave, I think lowering the rhetoric and looking for issues that can be used for Republican support is wiser.

Why do I think that? Because I would argue your method has been tried for decades and yielded very little in terms of results, but it’s ok, we can agree to disagree on that.

Where do we draw the line between terror and depressed lunatic? Did he pledge ideology in any video before doing this? Aren’t most spree shootings a form of terror? He acted alone and was depressed… doesn’t that make him a depressed loner? Aren’t most lone wolf terrorists depressed loners? Doesn’t make a difference to me… both Islamic terrorism and lone psychos with access to guns represent a threat that must be addressed. But there’s a lot of nuances here the dude is just skirting over.

1 Like

You’re essentially saying Dems need to make a concession of some sort to GOP in order to convince them to do their jobs and make laws to protect people here.

I don’t know what lowering the rhetoric would mean, or why you’d think that people should be any less than adamant about gun reform.

If you can articulate a way that would mean less people getting shot, I’m all ears. Placating the GOP is not the issue at this point.

1 Like

Police prevent another potential spree shooter in Atlanta. Customer at a supermarket witnessed a man in body armor and multiple guns go into a bathroom and alerted security. That observant customer probably saved a dozen or more lives.

6 Likes

3 Likes

NRA gloating over overturning the ban on rifles used in the mass shooting, just days before. #killers

Good interview here, it’s about selling firearms to family and friends, and making laws for background checks in that circumstance.

GOP guy is basically arguing that most people are law abiding and don’t mass murder, therefore the max 30 day waiting period for a check (that’s max, many are shorter) isn’t worth it.

1 Like

Of all the lies that define the GOP, lies about gun laws not working in the wake of mass shootings are the most puke worthy.