Yet another mass shooting in the US

Rehearsing for the tragic unavoidable gun accident.

1 Like

Is that a coffin in back there?

There’s an m60, uzi, and Thompson in the front row.
Some think a cetme in the second row left (I think hk91). It appears to me rear right is a m16a4, not an AR15.

Yes, that’s the one referenced in Malcolm’s wiki article.

1 Like

Unless it’s been registered as a machine gun, which makes it VERY expensive and rare, it is likely a civilian variant that can only fire semi auto.

But enough discussion about mass shootings. I think a better compromise would be for ALL semi auto firearms to require licensing, registration, safe storage, psych check, etc. while any black powder firearms as well as modern single shot firearms to be completely unregulated.

That means you can have a Remington 700 that is made to not accept a magazine. AR15 looking firearms are ok if they are also made to not accept a magazine. That means anyone can buy them, no background checks necessary just like black powder firearms. You would have to manually feed each round after every shot. This is adequate for most sporting use, and is next to useless for mass shootings. But any other semi auto or magazine fed firearms would require licensing like in European countries.

Receivers for all of those firearms can be very easily made to not accept magazines at all unless you can remachine them.

Rear sight is not a way to identify a full auto firearm. You can put M16 sights onto an AR15 without making it fire full auto.

Not really.

You are thinking of a Mac-10 or similar.

An uzi is a little smaller than a Tommy Gun. It’s intended to be a submachine gun, not a machine pistol (which Mac 10 would be).

1 Like

Relatively compared to how I picture them.

Right, that’s it.

A tommy gun is almost 34"? An uzi about 18" with stock collapsed.

Because a bolt action with a detachable mag falls under your hypothetical semi auto ban?

The idea is have single shot firearms freely available, to retain the spirit of the second amendment, still be useful for sporting or self defense use (a single shot shotgun is more than enough for this), but make it be utterly useless for mass shooting. Sure you can probably injure one person with a single shot pistol/rifle/shotgun but killing multiple people is much harder if you have to manually feed each round in.

So your semi auto premise is kind of irrelevant - you’d basically ban close to everything current, including multi shot bolt action, revolvers, dual shot break action shotguns.

Well that’s kinda what the “liberals” want.

But as a compromise all single shot firearms would be as regulated as black powder firearms… So you can still do your benchrest shooting or plinking.

You must see the Crumbley killings as a real knee-slapper.

Real photo ? Jesus H Christ.

1 Like

But it was life imitating art with the rather odd Republican family.

1 Like

A dog is a cat because it has four legs.

3 Likes

Yet another mass shooting in the U.S.

Another lone wolf. A random crazy. A psycho killer whose motives are mysterious- probably some personal problem.

1 Like

I assumed that he hates black people.

Targeting back people in Buffalo New York who are shopping for food? Yes, those are no doubt the power brokers making your life miserable, young white man! And driving hundred of miles to do this. What a piece of sh&t.

I don’t support the death penalty, but I am sorry this guy has lost his chance, causing so much pain and harm along the way.

Guy