You know you've been in Taiwan too long when

Probably true. The first time I saw it, I thought it was some kind of weird brown mold growing on the bread.

2 Likes

Can we merge this threads? @ranlee @tempogain

1 Like

Pork floss is pretty strange. I can see qhy people like it taste wise. But like blood, i cannot understand why they accept such a style of processed food.

To come clean i do enjoy the odd pumpkin, soy and/or mushroom floss. Mostly cause i dont need to think so much about the manufacturing pricess and secondly i never put that shit on bread.

Taiwan bread is a fascinating monster. A for effort though!

3 Likes

Pork floss on top of bread but not as a filling surprise is the only way I really like pork floss. Inside the bread it gets squished into a hard mass.

There are a lot of weird things at the bakery, for sure, but I can usually find a few things that are appealing to me.

1 Like

When you order 牛肉éș” with tripe and it wasn’t an accident.

2 Likes

When you go back to your home country and say xie xie instead of thanks or, in my case, salamat

2 Likes

I do that all over SEA. Was in Japan recently and kept saying èŹèŹ.

when you enjoy this kind of thing for dinner.

7 Likes

Looks great. You’re making me hungry.

3 Likes

When leaving home without a mask is like leaving without your wallet or phone. #coronavirusedition

7 Likes

Er a su

1 Like

Ok you created a mind virus. I can’t stop trying to work out the meaning. “You are hungry too”?

1 Like

Is it o-a su (蚔仔酄)?

1 Like

Cross-post. :slight_smile:

Super City? :thinking:

You cows get everything ass-backwards. :unamused:

(Sorry for the sweeping generalization.)

3 Likes

You know you have when
when you say Seven instead of 711

7 Likes

you’ve resigned yourself to the fact that you’re most likely going to die in a traffic accident.

1 Like

Only if you scoot

Or walk, or ride a bicycle, or ever leave the house.

4 Likes