YouBike stolen

Today some friends and I were playing golf at the Xindian pitch and putt, one friend rode a ubike and locked it up outside. After the round the bike was gone. We checked the security cameras and have footage of a westerner with bleach blonde hair trying to take the bike, realizing the front wheel was locked and wandering off, only to come back 20 minutes later and carrying the bike away. The whole thing is bizarre and I’d rather not post a picture of the guy, but I thought I’d put some feelers out and see if anyone knows somebody who knows somebody who might know whats going on. The police have been informed and a statement is being made, but the whole situations is pretty weird. Cheers.

5 Likes

Why not? It’s a small world and this is good shame.

10 Likes

When I worked at Walmart in Austin I saw a guy with bleach blonde hair try to steal a bike from Walmart too. I say try because he got caught by asset protection before he could make it off.

Because the police are involved and it just happened today. I’m still hoping its a mistake and the guy was wasted or something, if nothing comes or it in the next couple of days then I’ll probably post it.

1 Like

HOW could it be a mistake? And why is being wasted an excuse?

What exactly do you hope to achieve to posting this…and informing us that the Police are involved?

5 Likes

To right :rofl:

1 Like

You should realize technically the youbike belongs to the government, and in Taiwan theft is a public offense, meaning the government has to prosecute even if you decide not to press charges.

I don’t know what’s to be gained stealing youbikes because it’s not like you can just ride around town with it and not be noticed. Plus they have GPS tracking.

The only reason people steal those is to sell it to a junkyard (and you get maybe 50nt for it). But some foreigner coming in looking to sell a youbike is going to be VERY suspicious.

Ffs can we get an extra o in there?

4 Likes

1 Like

I’m hoping that either the person involved, or someone that knows that person sorts out their shit and returns the bike now they know that they’re on camera. People make mistakes and I’m not particularly in the business or naming and shaming.

1 Like

This is the crux of it, the whole thing makes no sense at all.

1 Like

I bet that would happen a heck of a lot faster if the picture was up here.

did taiwan-independence-chin-guy dye his hair and move to taipei?

He didn’t have any unusual tattoos on his forehead by any chance?

3 Likes

If I see a western guy with bleach blond hair around Xindian I would say there’s a 50 percent chance that’s the thief. Will let him know.

3 Likes

Maybe so.

Too soon. Too soon :no_no:

1 Like

Are you sure about this?

1 Like

Too late, Taiwannews will be all over this.

How long was the bleach blonde hair and was he tall or short fat or skinny?

Just in case he needs to get a haircut or get some lifts for his shoes or walk bent over or gain some weight or lose some weight.

1 Like

There’s not that many people on Forumosa. Try one of the bigger FB groups. Is your friend on the hook for the loss? If not, I think it’s job done.

1 Like