YouBike stolen

If it was in the early 2000s then someone on forumosa may know him. But these days there are so many foreigners it’s like seeing some white guy in Los Angeles stealing a bike. Things have changed for sure.

If the guy comes up and fesses up and says it was a prank, sorry, he probably could get off with a slap on the wrist.

If the guy is found by the police, they may take a hard look at his abode and reason for being here, etc. Not to mention his 25 minutes of fame on the cover of Apple Daily, Taiwan News and heavy rotation on 24 hour news channels. That could jeopardize his livelihood and get him a fast ticket out of town.

So OP is actually doing the guy a solid. I mean, you have to be tripping to steal a You Bike.

2 Likes

That’s Dickish, what! Forumosa? come on! only Taiwan Expat on line? good for goggle eyed no good bored as shit wankers.

And stealing a bike is what, kewl?

1 Like

Ridiculous theft is not Kewl.

My comment.

If you want to be really mean, post the picture on the Baoliao commune complaint group on FB or the app using a Chinese name. Every eye will look for him, and K-man might do a write up.

1 Like

I am curious as to why it is seen as mean to help identify a thief?

I’m reading this post, half drunk, having been at the beach all day. I live in Xin Dian. I do hope you find the perp… i don’t think he will be too hard to find.

and did you happen to go by a pitch and putt on the way home?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Next time, lock up your ubike. Hindsight is …

If my memory serves, me correctly, no, but, then again, maybe not.

guy? Could have been a woman disguised as a guy. Perfect crime.

It was locked.

1 Like

Lock it tight to an immovable object!

Well, that’s one hell of a thief, stealing a locked youbike. gotta be a heavy carry.

2 Likes

1 Like

I left my shopping trolley outside Carrefour today and some git nicked it.

1 Like

Too soon

2 Likes

Update Us! Did blondie give themself up!?