YouBike stolen

You have to sneeze on it before you leave in unattended.

1 Like

My friend went to the police station and reported it, they got in contact with the ubike company so the missing bike is cleared from his yo-yo card, and, as someone stated before, itā€™s now in the hands of the ubike company and the police. I donā€™t know if the guy turned himself in or not. Here he is in all his edited beauty.

What a weirdo; wearing a long sleeve like that in the Taipei summer.

8 Likes

Just because heā€™s blonde doesnā€™t mean heā€™s a foreigner. Lots of Taiwanese bleach their hair.

He had western features and the woman at the golf club said he was a foreigner who couldnā€™t understand her, thatā€™s why she left him alone.

2 Likes

Sometimes I have to get a second look and itā€™s hard to tell from cctv footage. There are Taiwanese with bleached hair, who has western features (perhaps they had Dutch ancestor at some points in the past), albino Taiwanese (they trigger easily, does not like being mistaken for Americans), etc.

Looking at the photo heā€™s very white.

4 Likes

I just realised how happy I am living in a country where this story can amaze me.

13 Likes

Why remove his face?

1 Like

Too right.
As requested ffs.

1 Like

Having dealt with this recently, YouBike may still come after you for money. They were threatening to charge $12k for ā€œloss of incomeā€ if the bike isnā€™t recovered in 3 months. The police will do everything they can to file the report as a ā€œmissing itemā€ instead of theft, because it means they donā€™t actually have to investigate.

2 Likes

One bike can make 12k in 3 months?!
:dizzy_face:

1 Like

Rather that it costs 12k to make.

The terms says:
If you lose your bike should report the case with the local police and obtain a proof of report. You are
obliged to pay the rental fee from time you rented the bike until the time you receive the proof or report. Next, proceed in person to a service center and present the proof of report of loss of the bike. If within three months from the day of loss, the bike is not found, you will have to pay the operational loss fee of TWD 9,000.

3 Likes

Which adds to the pile of what a shitty thing to do, take a bike that is already taken by other.

Thinking twice of just leaving the bike somewhere. Better try to dock it, take another one.

2 Likes

How often do a youbike get stolen? I have never locked one the few times I have left it outside a 7-11 or f-mart.

Itā€™s about time to start thinking about the possibility.

1 Like

If I see a foreigner with bleach blonde hair I will definitely not park it. Other than that I need to see some statistics before I start locking the bike here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure one of us will see a bleach blonde foreigner on a Ubike if we keep our eyes open.

Unless he took it to another city where they have ubikes.