YouBike stolen

Wait, so this guy stole a Ubike AND a fridge???

Pretty sure this qualifies as a spree.

1 Like

I believe itā€™s two different wack foreigners.

Wow.
What are the odds.

Itā€™s the governments fault for not handing out stimulus vouchers to foreigners.

3 Likes

Any non-wack foreigner that has been here since the virus should kind of know the system and that they donā€™t need to steal bikes when theyā€™re so cheap to rent.

is he? he is wearing a hoody. who does that in the taiwanese summer other than taiwaneseā€¦ just saying

1 Like

he is wearing a hoody or a jacket. in 30 degrees. typical taiwanese behaviour for taiwanese, not foreigners. if he is a foreigner he is also needs to go to jail for that.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t see the fridge.

jail for this thug

Got another update, the ubike has been found but we werenā€™t told where. My friend told me the police didnā€™t seem particularly interested in the video footage of the thief, or in tracking him down which doesnā€™t seem that surprising with what I know about Taiwanese police. Anyhow the matter seems to be closed, should I post the full picture of the guy now?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thatā€™s good to hear for your friend. My experience wasnā€™t so good.

A few years ago a YouBike that I rented went missing after I had already returned it to a station. The day after Iā€™d returned it I got a call from YouBike saying the bike had never been returned. I told them the station and exact stall I had returned it to, they checked again and said it was gone and that there had been an error in the system when I returned it. They said I needed to go to the police station and report it stolen.

I did as they instructed and submitted the police report to them, thinking the matter would be over. Come to find out they locked my account. They sent a letter saying they would unlock my account if I paid $9,000nt for the bike. I refused to pay for a bike I returned and didnā€™t steal. Despite my complaints my account remains locked to this day :rage:

8 Likes

Ouch!
That was not nice of them!

Do you have that in written?

2 Likes

Unfortunately that was all by phone with the YouBike service person. The only thing I have in writing is the police report and then the letter I got about the $9,000ntd.

At the beginning I was super pissed. But I really love the YouBike system so eventually I dropped it and started just using my credit card to rent bikes. I tried using a different easy card but I needed to register it with YouBike and my account was locked by my phone number. Now, I use an easy card that was registered in my friendā€™s name who has since moved back to the US and gave me his card.

2 Likes

Well, the people have spoken, hereā€™s the dickhead.

10 Likes

Time to phone a friend :wink:

Looks like a big headed cartoon character.

Blond hair, dark eyebrows?

1 Like

That a mask? Looks angry. Iā€™d say he was on a pay back mission. Did you do anything to upset someone?

1 Like

Maybe his revenge is against Ubikeā€¦

1 Like

I had a similar issue in Kaohsiung with KBike. Used my credit card 4 years ago to rent a bike, there was a glitch and it still showed as rented. I called them from there and the woman asked which stall i returned it to and recorded it, so she said.

Last year I went to rent a bike in Kaohsiung with that same credit card, itā€™s locked saying I didnā€™t return the bike 4 years ago . Customer service says i owe them for it as it wasnā€™t returned. Hung up and used another credit card. But they never called me or wrote me about it.

A workaround is to snag a prepaid number at a different carrier for a month and use it to register a new account at ubike. But youā€™ve got a friendā€™s card so all good.

1 Like