Young Taiwanese Using Simplified Chinese and Apps from China

They were basically reporting what people were writing under that dcard topic.

They aren’t getting tattoos man , they are setting themselves up for CCP united front infiltration

Yes that’s how Taiwan media works

If China become cool, how long before being Chinese is also cool and desirable?

Well, yeah? So all the reports basically come from that ONE dcard most-likely-bullshit post.

2 Likes

But you brought it up.

With the apps, what’s going to happen? Are people being brainwashed with communist values or something? What do you mean by “united front infiltration”? Are we going to ban all aps from China, just because they’re from China?

So what do you propose to do? Ban kids from the app? Ban kids from using simplified?

Are we still in Feb 2021 debating how easy minds can be manipulated through social media. Thousands convinced Donald Trump was a fighter for justice against a cabal of globalist paedophiles just stormed the Capitol building a month ago .

It’s a slippery slope. The Overton window has moved. Ten years ago, the thought of Mainland culture and apps I’m Taiwan being cool with kids was unthinkable

3 Likes

Ban mainland apps definitely

Not sure what to do about the rest, fucking scary

1 Like

And before them, the generation that have grown up with computers is definitely stupider.
And before them the generation that grew up with videos and calculators.
And before that, TVs
Radios and movies
Phonographs and nickelodeons
Penny dreadfuls
Printed books instead of manuscripts.
Personally, I agree with Socrates- it was the invention of writing that destroyed the younger generation, ruining their memories. Lao Tzu agreed: “Men return to the knotting of rope in place of writing.”

10 Likes

You are talking about new technology.

Technology itself isn’t a problem, i don’t have social media on my smart phone any more. And my smart phone has now become a very useful tool, not just something to get hooked scrolling through endless social media.

Its about the attention economy, Social media + smart phones has created a very addictive and distracting combo. Just take a look around you to see the effects. The youth of taipei are unable to complete basic tasks without their phone at hand.

To imply that this new attention economy isn’t having a very negative effect on kids brains is naive. Look into it.

2 Likes

Complaining about new forms of communication is as old as time.

try reading the post first, i’m complaining about the attention economy of social media.

Yeah. And they say the same things every time something new comes out.

Old people used to bitch about the TV in exactly the same way when i was young.

1 Like

As i already said twice now, its not the same comparison. You can look into it, plenty of studies and info about it.

If not, good day to you.

I have read your post and I respectfully disagree.

you have read my posts… and missed the point of them completely

I understand that you may feel that way. You are entitled to your opinion.

This is the social media age, people are going to talk to each other :man_shrugging:

1 Like