Young Taiwanese Using Simplified Chinese and Apps from China

It’s not an opinion though. as i said, look into it, plenty of studies and info to back it up.

If you are not interested, fair enough, good day to you.

Sure but China and Taiwan are not on a state to state relationship. It’s not like when Taiwanese were all learning Japanese, obsessed with Japanese dramas and giving themselves Japanese names (the equivalence being made in blue press).

China is Taiwanas enemy and Xiaohongshu like all companies in China are ultimately subservient to the CCP and need to directly employ party officials

Do you think adults in China get all pissy when they see kids writing in traditional characters too? :open_mouth:

No

1 Like

台 is simplified

3 Likes

if you looking to piss off chinese person most effective do chinese writing.

Personally I’ve noticed now that people have the attention span of a flea. I can be chatting with someone on Line and having a deep chat and then they literally ghost mid chat for hours. I guess that is the result of social media to the brain, lack of deep thoughts.

Like you did I got rid of all social media off.my phone with the exception of line. Saves lots of battery life and keeps fb from tracking everything. I guess Google can keep tracking me though

Yea i still have line too. I wish i could disable it, i’ve found with IG disabling it is as good as it not being on my phone, but if i need to use it i can enable it. I just feel better and less stressed without this stuff immediately available on my phone.

This guy is great. it’s no myth, people do have lesser attention spans and a worse ability to focus on tasks that require concentrated focus and attention.
I’ve even noticed that with simple things such as watching tv shows. no phone is a big difference.

1 Like

Nope!

3 Likes

Soo you are saying carrier pidgeons are OUT ?

1 Like

Kids will be kids.

So no looking at forumosa on your phone?

You must be a very important and influential person. It’s an honor to have you in our midst.

I’d say

So you’re calling for us to ban f-book? If so, sign me up!

At least they should put a warning: Believing everything you see on this platform may lead to visits from the FBI and felony charges.

Guy

臺 is traditional, simplified version 台

The issue is China’s creeping soft power on teenagers in Taiwan

You mean ban Chinese apps?

What do we have to hide?

A lot.

But more dangerous is their potential for infiltration and control. We have enough problem in Taiwan with the CCP using Line to disseminate fake news and brainwash the older generation.

The CCP are very advanced in this respect. Having Taiwanese youth on their networks , mimicking and praising the popular culture and language is a very dangerous development. And it’s just the start, ever since 2015 China tech and culture has become more competitive and appealing. If China controls popular culture in Taiwan, how long before they convince young people they are Chinese?

Another interesting one is 國 because 国 was in use traditionally for a thousand years. Thats why its 国 in Japanese

1 Like