Youtuber addresses Korean critic of Taiwan

I don’t know where you and @Gain were eating, but it depends on the places. Of course there’s many subpar Korean restaurants in Korea (just like there’s maaaaaaany subpar Taiwanese restaurants here). But the best Korean restaurants in Korea are definitely better than the best you can find in Cali. I’d take that to the bank. You just need to know where to go though.

I find it hilarious that the news article conveniently leaves off the detail that this figure is adjusted for purchasing power parity.

1 Like

I just dislike Korean food in general, it doesn’t matter where the restaurant is.

The only thing I like is the seafood pancake.

Come on! Providing you’re not a vegetarian (in this case, Korean food will cause problems, as will Japanese food), Korean food can be amazing: the broths (chicken and beef and seafood based), the tofu soups, the seafood pancakes, the ginseng chicken . . . Koreans know what they are doing with these basic yet delicious ingredients.

Guy

1 Like

I fon’t know what y’all smoking. Korean cuisine is second only to Italian imo.

2 Likes

I have tried these and disliked all except seafood pancake. Ginseng chicken is in particular vomit-inducing. Everything ginseng is disgusting.

1 Like

lol the vitriol :rofl:

You must have been cheated on by a Korean.

I’m skeptical

The joke in Korea is when someone’s dog “runs away” or disappears, it’s because some old bastard caught it and made it his dinner.

That said, if that does still happen, I don’t think it’s too common. Maybe in the countryside…

1 Like

You don’t like Korean BBQ like Samgyeopsal or Galbi?

There’s no moral difference between eating a dog and eating a pig. Such an idea is ethnocentric. If you think eating a dog is cruel, don’t eat any animals.

1 Like

I saw that earlier. I guess it was removed. It made me laugh, even though I am part Korean. It does make you wonder what in the world happened.

So I guess this thread is turning into a “let’s talk about every imaginable issue related to Korea”! Did anyone mention the soap operas yet?

1 Like

Ridcliculous ethnocentric defense. Dogs are literally the only animals that can feel love towards humans.

I would like to introduce you to Koko the Gorilla (if she were still alive).

Guy

3 Likes

I think in old he means old looking, shabby and uncared for (cha bu dwo) which is kind of true, I doubt he is meaning listed buildings etc.
I am surprised he missed out shoddy sidewalks taken over by motorcycle repair shops so people are required to walk on the road…
However I am mainly referring to New Taipei city not Taipei’s east area etc.

Ginseng gives me bad headaches and it tastes disgusting.

1 Like

Taiwan Kimchi pretty good.

This is great for Korea. From what I’ve read in books, it’s been their dream to overtake Japan. They’ve certainly done it, in terms of technology.

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Taken by locals to places all over Seoul.

Have you been to good Korean restaurants in California?