Youtubers in Taiwan

The most famous YouTuber in Taiwan is a foreigner? I find that hard to believe. Has he been on TV? I know at least two famous local YouTubers who have.

Edit: Now that I think about it, one of them is from HK and the other is from Malaysia. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

He doesn’t make content for local audience.

We might need a pie chart for analyzing the categories: “you tuber”, “waiguoren”, “famous in Taiwan” etc

1 Like

His videos look like they are all about playing bass? I would not classify him as a wai guo ren youtuber in Taiwan. 13m followers is pretty crazy.

It does when he features his girlfriend or go eat a slice of pineapple pizza.

Then how can he be the most famous YouTuber in Taiwan? Most people in Taiwan are local.

Or is he famous outside of Taiwan?

He slaps

2 Likes

Surprised no one has mentioned the western professor (South African) who waxes philosophical in Mandarin to his seemingly mostly Taiwanese audience. He has a million followers. And no, I’m not one of them.

1 Like

I am going to raise all in: 1.79 million subscribers, slightly more than the French speed talker.

His food looks pretty good too and he is right smack in the middle of the pie chart: foreign, youtuber, and famous in Taiwan.

1 Like

A bass? Ah ok I guess he’s famous outside of Taiwan then.

He’s a wai guo ren, he’s a youtuber, he’s in Taiwan.

No he is a youtuber with a channel focussed on bass guitar who lives in Taiwan. Taiwan is not the focus of his channel, his content is not aimed at Taiwanese.

At the risk of inviting more epistemological controversy, might I propose the following visual representation:

1 Like

Lifeintaiwan and Prozzie

They’re all douchebags

I never said it was. He’s still a wai guo ren youtuber in Taiwan.

The battle lines are contested, but who will wield the ultimate power?

1 Like

Who’s that?

Here’s a YouTuber that’s entertaining. He trolls mainlanders like this video he went to the Chinese Embassy in Japan to replace a lost Taiwanese passport. :joy:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/291WJ-NS-OQ?si=K8grnst-RHAAKIKt

Don’t know why I thought a million followers. It’s just over the 100, 000 mark.

1 Like

He is registering strongly on the foreigner and in Taiwan metrics though, all is not lost!