Youtubers in Taiwan

Yes its an old video re uploaded…

Have you never heard of m13? he’s the first foreign youtuber in taiwan (that i can remember)
And yea he used to be really popular.

He also used to be fairly active on this forum.

If I remember correctly, he is also a fellow emigrant from Winnipeg.

I suppose that depends on how you define a youtuber. When did he start? I used to do what they did before the term existed. I didn’t pull faces, though.

Oh, he’s got me beat by a year! I’d never even thought of that. I’d love to say I was the first foreign YouTuber. My videos were more like today’s YouTuber’s than his uploads straight from the camera. I was into videography for a while. I went around for a couple of years filming everything nearby.

Which is your channel? Would be interesting to see it. I enjoy watching M13.

I very rarely watch YouTube’s from Taiwan because almost none of it is new to me. Plus I visit far more interesting places than the vast majority of those videos
Plus I’m sick of being stuck in Taiwan.
Xiao Fei is impressive though.
Mordeth also is one of the originals .

2 Likes

Mordeth is the real deal. That’s why I like his channel. He shows it how it is.
Not some of these other fake Taiwan lovers that don’t even live in Taiwan half the time.

5 Likes

Nah, I have personally identifying stuff there. I’m not doxxing myself with all the dumb stuff I’ve written over the years here.

3 Likes

No worries, can you pm the channel?

Amen :grin: M13 is authentic.

Most of the other channels are fake and cringey

5 Likes

There is more episodes from Taiwan just look up the channel.

1 Like

fun to watch, something different

The third video, where they offroad through the valley, is really quite entertaining. The lady’s injured finger at 16:40 looks terrible.

Beats watching the usual loudmouth with a mouthful fawning over food at night markets…

1 Like

Just noticed this and discovered his channel, instant fan.

2 Likes

This latest video was interesting, will give these a look.

1 Like

You may be surprised, if you check one of the youtube data analytics companies that post stats, all the most popular YT channels in Taiwan are by Taiwanese. Foreigners don’t even break into the top 25. I was surprised. And many of the channels have subscriber counts in the millions. So I think it’s only bcz us farang watch other farang channels in Taiwan.

1 Like

What the hell
a) parents can walk in the classrooms unhindered without any permission
b) parents should not be walking in the classroom and harassing teachers, they should take that up with the management and outside the classroom obviously

He doesn’t sound happy here (and says so). It’s pretty cringeworthy.

Half Asian Child Bullied , Father Helps

Do they preach their Mormon stuff on the channel? The Mormon’s put a lot of money into their online outreach.
I clicked on one or two of her videos after learning about her for the first time on this thread and now I see her freaking out about KFC on my sidefeed. I can’t pull a face like those youtubers do. That’s why I’ll never make it.

1 Like

Idk I never watch her videos. I kind of hate youtubers on principle.