Zoe Lee, Taiwan’s First “Weed-only” Lawyer

Weed isn’t really addictive. As a former cigarette smoker I can tell you nicotine is 10000x harder to quit than THC.

3 Likes

Ah depends on the weed. There are hundreds if not by now thousands of different strains. But yeah I agree it can be psychologically addictive for some people.

Have you tried yoga?

Practicing yoga eliminated my decade long low back problem almost completely.

Benzos worked for me a little, but they turn me into a know-it-all asshole, and they are proven to mess with memory. It’s like they shut off the part of my brain that keeps me from pointing out every deficiency I see in others.

2 Likes

Nope I have not tried Yoga. Maybe I should.

Does this weed-only lawyer work for the One Bong Law Firm?

10 Likes

Except cigarette doesn’t make you high.

What? People specifically use tobacco for its mood altering, stimulant effects. Plus you get the added benefits of cancer, emphysema and heart disease, costing the healthcare system immensely.

Are you honestly trying to convince me that the effect of weed is the same as a cigarette? :roll:

1 Like

Of course not, but I am sure you already knew that. Every drug has its own physiological effects, but I’d wager the social effects of tobacco are far more damaging than those of marijuana.

2 Likes

Nope not me. However, i sometimes like to get high. :grinning:
People are so extreme on this. Yes, people smoke it to alleviate pain.and get high.

Im not going to argue the point of weed not being mind altering. It obviously is. I stated my case above on that point. I am not here to say hey man its like betterbwhen i drive. I think more clearly when i am high. No. Not my ppint an hinestly i think that is a dumb way to go about trying to stop oppression on this one. I dont like stoners either. But i like some people that are stoned, there is a huge difference. Much like i dont like alcoholics but i like to drink with certain people.

So, please compare it to alcohol and justify your case. I am very curious your point and hope to hear your opinion about this. i am open minded to logical arguments.

By the way, tobacco absolutely is narcotic. Read up on its history, it is quite fascinating. It is insanely hallucinogenic, especially orally. The reason we smoke it is because combustion destroys a lot of the nicotine. Even then, you have to understand that cigarettes which is tobacco that is inhaled, is from lower portions of a weaker species of Nicotiana that has been specifically bred to have lower narcotic effects. like chewing tobacco. Lower to mid leaf harvests of Nicotian tabacum. It is harvested when the plant starts to abscise the leaves (chemically starting, not literally physically). They are then further dried, cured and aged to acquire lower nicotine concentrations. This is why cigars are not inhaled into the lung because most contain upper portions of the plants at harvest to blend the flavors. The nicotine level is quite high compared to cigarettes. If you smoke a medium to large cigar, inhaling into the lung, you will absolutely be high as fuck! No joke.

So again I ask you, please explain the logic that cannabis should be illegal. Against alcohol (specifically ethanol). Or even tobacco if you wish. I can tear down every argument you have on the hypocrisy of these laws and comparisons. It has been my job for 20 years already. But understand, i am in no way saying cannabis doesnt alter ones mind state. I also dont condone its use while using machines (like cars).

You do have a good point, legalization and decriminlaization are different. Look up the rules before about tobacco and how many places had either a plant or land size limit for cultivaing it. This alone should show you its all about money (often taxes, but sometimes also competition and business ventures) which is ironic because it taxes the health care system heavily. Pun intended.

No, they are different obviously. Though the health damages are overwhelmigly high with tobacco compared to weed. And nicotine is far more potent a narcotic than thc, in every metric…including being insanely hallucinogenic. Plus it literally can kill you quickly unlike thc. We just destroy it easily as per above post.

Since when do university students make government policy?

People also evolve or a few decades. Travel. Work. Life.

These factors make people change their views on a number a topics.

Isn’t the point obvious? They’re a reflection of mainstream thinking and the attitudes of an emerging generation. If their feelings haven’t softened concerning the ganja, then their votes for the people who make and pass laws would be similarly anti-marijuana.

Ancient Taiwanese aboriginal #1: giggles.
ATa #2: what’s up?
ATa #1: nothing, I just put that pottery in the fire krr krr krr!
ATa #2: lmao yeah that some gooooood pottereeeeee.

3 Likes

One could argue, that the University students wield less soft power now, then they wielded in the late 80’s, early 90’s. Back when I lived there in the mid 90’s, it was just take over a University for a week or two.

But saying you have the pulse of the Korean people just because you taught Uni…like governments actually care about the voices of the people they are going to send in the draft…especially in Korea, two years.

I’d like to hear your stories. i have so many from Seoul, late 90’s.

Not only her own podcast but on other podcasts.

1 Like

“Hi (high) I have backache can I have some Thai weed , and I have a tooth ache too”.
Like that ?

How many years does it take to have a pulse on the people then?

1 Like

Bullshit like this is exactly why weed should stay illegal.