Advice and tips on dating Taiwanese girls

A few months ago I actually posted in another thread similar to this one (or maybe it was this one) the humorous story about how the now irrelevant girl reacted when I asked her on a date.

There was definitely a humorous misunderstanding due to cultural roadblocks!

Never again.

In asia, you go to her and say “i like you more than a friend”. thats it. The concept of “i am hanging out with you it means i like you” doesnt work so well. I been there. Girls here would hang out with you ten times and still tell u she dont have feelings for you so to save yourself time, just tell her how u feel.
Also asking a girl on a date is pretty common here but locals dont use the term" date". everything is implied.

3 Likes

Ack. I was hoping to avoid this. Such an awkward thing to say to someone you’re not that intimate with.

Wait wait let me finish my Indian food and get out the popcorn and then I can opinionate on your wrongs and rights :grinning::grinning:

6 Likes

Don’t remember that one, but then I have the memory span of a goldfish these days. Link so we can laugh at your misfortune again? :smiley:

Yeah, it’s awkward. But it’s the most sure-fire way of getting things moving - or at least to find out where you stand. The trick is to do it with confidence and without being creepy about it.

3 Likes

In taiwan asking such questions is how people “start” the dating process. U have to forget your western culture of dating. That doesnt work so often here. U will be surprised how people actually dont find this awkward thing as really awkward.

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be appropriate? How do you think people get together? By constantly dating in groups of 3 or 4 people ? Don’t talk nonsense.

The only special rules for Taiwanese girls is you need to walk on the outside, fetch them tissue, hold their bag etc this kind of stuff.

1 Like

You tell a girl you like her, especially if you don’t know her that well, she will run like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

As for a girl liking you for who you are, it really depends. Some guys might get a bunch of girls liking him while others may never get any.

Actually I’ve heard of a bunch of girls liking guys who ends up abusing her and all that.

Because girls (or even boys but in this case girls) often goes for the men “they think they deserve” which is mostly based on stereotypes like “tall, handsome, manly, rich, playboy, yada yada yada” and thus such men often have many girls chasing them and as a result they become egoistic and assholes. Also bad men are fullof confidence
Ofcourse not all girls are like that. exceptions are everywhere.

2 Likes

But I believe someone said something like 80 percent of the girls want 5 percent of the guys seem to apply.

Basically unless you’re that kind of guy who girls think they deserve, getting girls will always be a struggle.

Yeah. thats what i mean. So if you are that guy in the 5% range and u know every chick out there wanna bang you, no way u wont turn into a dickhead.

But in taiwan actualy, things are more straightforward since its a an “appearance comes first” country. So, a skiny girl wants a mascular guy because they both know they deserve “the best”. a chubby girl know most men dont want her because she dont fit the "beuaty standard criteria of taiwan"so she will be open minded to even date average looking guy.

So if u look at couples walking around u will see how they match up often, skiny girl with most handsome men, tall guy with a tall girl, short guy with a short girl, fat guy with a fat girl.

AGAIN, exceptions are everywhere.

Most guys here all want to be with those skinny girls but I don’t find them particularly attractive.

I’m not attracted to taiwanese girls mainly because I want no part of their family politics. I have enough with my own family.

Actually most taiwanese men wants skinny girls not just for beauty but because having a girl that “every man wants” next to you fill you with self confidence and its a big dopamine boost. Taiwanese lack self confidence so they try to fill it with procuring material things.

1 Like

I just want to belong to some group honestly without politics, could care less how the girl or guy looks.

Plus pretty girls tend to have an unreasonable list of demands. They know guys want her and she will nickel and dime you to death.

1 Like

This :point_down:

1 Like

Why do millennials have to overcomplicate everything? Invite her over to your place, make a move, have hot sex. If the sex was indeed hot, start dating her. If not, maybe go back to friend zone.

No no no. Just no. Her radar can literally sense your wafflishness. This is why things haven’t gone anywhere so far. If you don’t have the nerve to make a move, take her on a romantic one on one date first. By the time you take her back to your place she’ll probably be ready to make the first move.

Jesus mother of Christ. Good luck, man. Looks like you’re going to need it. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Don’t think that is the order here in Taiwan? Unless it’s a Tinder match or one night stand.

Update married to an Indonesian girl going on ten years and I’ve learned to pretty much go with what she wants to do just saves a whole lot of aggravation

And yes decision making I don’t need to make any decisions now on where to go to eat or what to order. I even get my days off planned for me even if she’s going somewhere else

I don’t need to use my mind I’m practically mindless now

How did I survive all those years when I was single and had to do all that thinking I just don’t know

So much easier now being of no mind :nerd_face::nerd_face:

No I do not carry bags tho I purposely accidentally drop them and am not asked anymore

Except bags of stuff from grocery shopping I get to carry all those

7 Likes

The order is what you make it. This thinking is what’s keeping you from getting anywhere. Women can sense your vacillation. Why do you think she made a show of having a good time with Ugly Peter? She was trying to get a reaction out of you. Trying to see if you actually have any interest. She seems to be interested in you, but if you drag this out any further she’s going to lose that interest. And then it will be too late. Speaking from decades of dating experience in Taiwan.

9 Likes

Thats nonsense. I’ve never done that in my life. You don’t need to say a word, making your move is enough.

You are overthinking it. This will also turn girls off. Which is probably why that other girl scarpered.

It is clear my sage wisdom is going to waste here. You might be beyond help!

4 Likes