Go-Karting In Taiwan

There is no secret that the ‘K4A rent and race your kart’ formula has been a true failure so far with only 6 people joining the first race. So they are trying to change their plans. On the Facebook group K4A Kart 小型賽車 粉絲專區, it is now written:
歡樂賽模式 ** 8laps + 10laps **
二回合基本抽籤選車,猜拳排順位或是(大家有什麼建議)
地點目前只在,龍潭極限
暫訂都是星期六
價格第一場測試示範賽,收費2000, 打75折,NTD1,500
…因為流程整體都要大家幫忙測試
這個想法大家看看有沒有什麼建議和想法
PS: 不會有任何計時數據,
除了自己找人幫忙按馬錶真的有興趣的人,
請Mail 到 k4akart@gmail.com 報名
請留下你的 Kart 資歷及聯絡方式,
讓我們好安排 名額不多,
資格請確實申報
當然未來我們會繼續安排
Kart入門班及進階的課程
請大家多多支持

Quick Google Translation:
Happy Play mode ** 8laps + 10laps **
Second round draw selection of basic car, pick or finger-guessing game schedule (you have any suggestions)
Location is only available in the Longtan limit
Are tentatively scheduled for Saturday
The first field test demonstration sport prices, fees and charges in 2000, hit 75 off, NTD1, 500
… Because we have to help test the overall process
The idea we see what suggestions and ideas
PS: do not have any timing data,
In addition to press the stopwatch on your own people to help people who really are interested,
Please Mail Application to k4akart@gmail.com
Please leave your qualifications and contact Kart,
Let us arrange places for a good few
Make sure to declare eligibility
Of course, we will continue to arrange future
Kart entry classes and advanced courses
Please support
What does it mean? Looks like you can test drive their go-karts for 18 laps for 1500 NT in Longtan.

You guys want to try this? It could be fun.

No timing data is lame, but there’s always using the iPhone to do data logging and get the timing data from that. I got a handlebar mount to mount it better. Maybe they could throw a few of these on iPod Touches in the kart so people could log their times, splits and graphs, post these to their Facebook and let the wonders of social media do the rest?

I sent them an email to see what they say. Anyone else want to try this?

You should get this reply.

這星期六 May14 中午

1. 有時間可以去龍潭極限的 2.想要比歡樂賽的,不過這次是第一場就是了
    3.有Kart 比賽經驗的,新手們請等等 ⋯⋯4.費用新台幣1,500,車損必須自行負責,請繳交新台幣5,000保證金 以上都沒有問題的
    請Mail 個人聯絡資料、Kart 經歷至
    k4akart@gmail.com 直接報名,名額有限 報名只到星期四中午一點止,額滿也不再接受報名 歡迎來參與第一次的歡樂賽,享受比賽的樂趣為主的賽事 PS: 有任何問題請留言,報名請用 email 謝謝大家

quick translation:
At noon this Saturday May14

1. have time to go to the limit of Longtan
  2. you want to race more than happy, but this is the first it wants to
  3. There Kart game experience, the novice please wait
    ⋯ ⋯ 4. fee of NT 1,500, the car will be responsible for loss, please pay a deposit of NT 5,000
    None of the above problems
    Mail your personal contact information, Kart experience to
    k4akart@gmail.com direct application, places are limited
    Application only to one o’clock on Thursday only, no longer accept applications served
    Welcome to participate in the joy of the first race and enjoy the fun of competition-based event
    PS: have any questions, please leave a message Thank you register please email

It’s not cheap. But these K4A are really fast. Keep safety in mind. These things don’t have ‘guardrails’ all around.
I’m hesitating… lol. Two of my (quick) Taiwanese friends are going to register. If you come as well, who knows ?
The deadline to register is Thursday noon ? OK, let me think about…

Hey guys I just got back from Singapore. What’s with the K4A race thing? I searched their site and it’s a one make race? I saw that they require full gloves to compete. I’m hesitating because of cost (mainly). Because for NT1500, we can race all day unlimited at GFRT.

Hi Edwin, You can not compare rental karts and K4A. These K4A are true and fast racing go-karts. Yes, the initial plan was to create a one-make championship. Check their Facebook group and see me in action during their first -free- test days in January in Kaohsiung:

Cool. So it’s a one make race with several rounds. So should we join, we’ll pay 1500 in fees and 5000 in deposit for one round? So it’s a 1 day race? It looks cool as hell!

Nice opposite lock shot! :slight_smile:

I think it’s an 8 lap session and a 10 lap session with no official timing.

Edwin, these TaG karts are almost as fast as a Formula SAE car. They are also a lot more violent due to having no suspension and smaller wheels. They lack the outright head warping grunt of a 600cc turbo FSAE, but are basically as fast on every other axis.

The event requires a minimum of full face helmet, jeans, sneakers, long sleeve and some full finger gloves. They recommend a suit, neck brace, rib guard and proper nomex shoes and gloves. My girlfriend pointed out that I left my racing gear (helmet, suit, gloves, underwear & shoes) back in the States. They didn’t mention whether they had gear but if they don’t, I’d need to get at least a full face helmet for this. Which I’m OK with since my current car helmet is SA2000 and just went out of validity for road racing in the States anyway. Gotta go find one now.

Also with these race karts, rib protection is a huge recommendation. My buddy broke a rib last time he drove Yamaha 100s without even crashing! :slight_smile:

OK, I’m signed up and told him there were two other people who might be interested that I know who are experienced, safe & fast. kerolivers and edlanz, if you want to sign up, deadline is tomorrow.

It’s two sessions: 8 laps and 10 laps. The kart is basically a TaG racing chassis with a 15hp 4-stroke engine, about half the power of a Rotax, but about 50% more than a typical rental kart, so it should be plenty to be fun! :slight_smile: Basically, it’s sign up and arrive there before noon on Saturday for the action.

BTW, anyone have GPS coordinates for this track? Cheers!

Hey guys I can’t attend this time round because I need to help out my friends with their filming project this weekend. And if they don’t have helmets for loan then I’m bummed out too. You guys have fun!

I’ve signed up too. I have sent an email.

Here is the data about the LongTan track: trs-kart.com/private/news/2011race/tyka.html

Rain is expected on this Saturday. Who knows if we will really be able to ride?

On their Facebook group K4A Kart 小型賽車 粉絲專區, there are photos of a (is it new?) track in or around Kenting?

He said he’ll call to cancel on Saturday morning if there is rain. Let’s hope for the best!

All the races and sessions are cancelled, because of the rain.

Ryan and Edlaz, are you willing to come to Taichung ? to Rosso ?

Would love to come to Rosso once this weather clears up on a weekend. Forecast is showing rain for days.

I’m bogged down with sch work till at least the end of this month. Doesn’t help that it keeps pouring either.

Hey mabagal and Oliver, I’m looking to explore Taichung on the weekends of 10th or 17th of June. Perhaps we could meet for karting at rosso?

Oliver, do you know any hostels around the area? Thanks for the help!

Yah can make it to Rosso then, just let me know.

They are redoing the rained-out K4a event this weekend if you guys are interested. I think I will sign up.

[quote=“edlaz”]Hey mabagal and Oliver, I’m looking to explore Taichung on the weekends of 10th or 17th of June. Perhaps we could meet for karting at rosso?

Oliver, do you know any hostels around the area? Thanks for the help![/quote]

Welcome to Taichung. June 10th or 17th sounds good for me.
We can meet at Rosso indeed. Great idea.
No need for hotel. You are welcome to my place.
Let’s talk about the details in PM to see it is suitable for your needs.
Oliver

Ooops, I missed that one… I hope you had fun.

I will go to ‘Metropolitan Park Karting’ in Taichung to try my friend’s new karting this Sunday.
Metropolitan Park Karting in Taichung 24°12’13.45"N 120°35’51.67"E

Wow… lot of fun today… See Camille in action: