Go-Karting In Taiwan

Hi

During our recent Kenting summer trip our boys (9 and 10) tried go karts for the first time- predicably both were totally hooked. I’d like to find a Kart track in or near Taipei which we could visit occasionally. I’ve trawled the web and this forum and found these four:

-Zhunan rks.idv.tw/index01.asp
-Zhongli gf-racecar.com/
-Taoyuan City karting.trk.com.tw/index.php
-Longtan karting.com.tw/

Does anyone know if there are any others? Someone mentioned somewhere in Shihlin but that was in a basement (B2 level) so I don’t know how serious it could be?

The place we went in Kenting (Hengchun township) was kind of old which had a few advantages:
-the go karts were quick enough but not particularly speedy. We’d visited a place just up the road first called “F1” where they were racing around so fast (270cc Honda motors) we couldn’t really entertain the thought of letting the boys drive themselves having never tried it (Dad had a great time though :slight_smile: )- even if their legs had been long enough to reach the pedals. The karts at the next place were smaller, slower, no helmet needed- more user friendly for smaller kids. I’m looking for somewhere more along those lines if possible.
-it only cost NT$100 per 7 or 8 minute turn, and we went in the evening when there were very few people there. We’d hang around and jump on at times when nobody else was there waiting and the boss would just let us stay on until more people came, 15 or 20 minutes sometimes. I wouldn’t expect that to happen up here but the smaller fees were nice- we had 5 turns over 2 evenings for not much $$$. I’ve seen $250 per 7 minute turn mentioned in a few places on the websites above, is that the average? Is there anywhere they have a deal like an entrance fee that lets you play multiple times? Don’t really want to drive to Zhunan for a 7 minute ride, the lads would be nowhere near satisfied with that! 5 rides each would cost a bit though… :ponder:

Would appreciate any comments from those in the know. Cheers!

[quote=“Bart”]Hi
Does anyone know if there are any others? Someone mentioned somewhere in Shilin but that was in a basement (B2 level) so I don’t know how serious it could be?
Would appreciate any comments from those in the know. Cheers![/quote]

I created a Facebook group called… (edited)
I tried to list go-karting tracks on the island.
I haven’t updated it for a long time, but you can find quite many tracks.

Cheers. If you could copy and paste the list here it would be great. I am not on Facebook…

New to me:

There is a go-karting track in Jiji (Central Taiwan)
called: 集集小型賽車場
address: 552 南投縣集集鎮民權路141-5號後面
telephone: 049-2764690
jlgokart.pgo.tw/

I will be at the Taichung Rosso AoFongShan Go-Karting track at 11.30 this morning. Feel free to join us.

Seen on Facebook.
Original message:
昨天去大鵬灣看到的
總數約有18輛的go kart出租車
不知道go kart賽車場會在何時完工???
很多人引頸期盼喔!!!
Translation:
Mirs Bay yesterday to see (Went to DaPeng Racing Track yesterday)
A total of about 18 of the go kart taxi
Do not know the go kart racing circuit will be completed when???
Many people eagerly look forward to Oh!!!

Two photos from the ‘Karting40’ race.
for mabagal and myself especially !

See you next year.

[quote=“keroliver”]Two photos from the ‘Karting40’ race.
for mabagal and myself especially ![/quote]

That was great, thanks again! And thanks for posting the pictures! We really had a great time with great company. The track is really fun and those nice technical bits like elevation and camber changes were a real treat compared to the other, basically flat, tracks in Taiwan. Let’s keep in touch and do it again soon! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I am offering brand-new karting gear as well as some karting books and one dvd. I did want to start with karting in Taiwan, but had to cancel in the end.

1. New Sparco Karting Overall, FIA Approved Level 2, incl. overall bag, grey color, Size XL, Price NTD 6,250.00
  2. New Sparco Karting Gloves, Size 11, incl glovebag, black color, Price NTD 1,500.00
  3. New Sparco Karting shoes, Size 43, black color, Price NTD 2,600.00
  4. New Sparco Formula helmet, Size M (57-58), white color, Inside blue nomex material, FIA Approved, Homologation BS 6658-85,incl. extra windshield, incl. helmet bag, Price NTD 22,000.00
  5. English book The Karting Manual: The Complete beginner#s guide to Competitive Kart Racing, Price NTD 840.00
  6. English book Karting: Everything You Need to Know, Price NTD 840.00
  7. DVD: The Ulmtimate Guide to Ksrting, running time 50 mins, NTD 1,000.00

Please send me an email if you are interested: ch.juergen@t-online.de (Location Taipei City).

so any updates on this? Any places in Taipei or is the closest one in taoyuan?

Sold! :roflmao:

[quote=“mabagal”][quote=“keroliver”]Two photos from the ‘Karting40’ race.
for mabagal and myself especially ![/quote]

That was great, thanks again! And thanks for posting the pictures! We really had a great time with great company. The track is really fun and those nice technical bits like elevation and camber changes were a real treat compared to the other, basically flat, tracks in Taiwan. Let’s keep in touch and do it again soon! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Hi mabagal . I have been away from the forum. For your information, ‘Karting 41’ has been quite fun as well. Keep in touch for ‘Karting 42’ in December 2013. If you are still in Taiwan, don’t hesitate to contact me first.

Any news on karting 42? I’d be interested in having a go…

Karting42 was supposed to happen this morning, but it was raining. I cancelled the event.
I have no plan to postpone it, since we are busy for the few next weekends… Next year?
Please keep in mind that it is a ‘private’ event.
If you want to ride, I can guide to a few people who organize races.

Thanks.
I’m considering buying a rotax max or similar. I’ve been to a few tracks in Taoyuan and Taichung and it seems as though each one has a ‘team’ to take care of customer karts etc. Haven’t decided what or even if to buy yet, as not sure how many races are organised for them - seems like only 6 a year from what I’ve found out so far, which isn’t really enough for my purposes. Do you know people who organise races for owner / drivers? That would be interesting.

The kart track down in Pen Bay was open last week. I shall check again this weekend if anyone is interested.

Jonny, any updates on the pen bay track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some one know where i find a Go-Karting Place with big Karts ?? Because the normally Kart here in Taiwan is for me to small…

Ralf, they have 2-strokes at Toroko Karting in Taoyuan if that’s what you mean by “big karts”. Don’t think they are shifters, but look pretty quick.

thx for the reply. With big karts i was meaning more the size for the sitting place. Right now everyone is for me to small (no space).

Ralf